Summer School in English Corpus Linguistics
The Survey of English Usage at University College London (UCL) will be running the fourth three-day Summer School in English Corpus Linguistics on 6-8 July 2016.
The Summer School in English Corpus Linguistics is an introduction to Corpus Linguistics for students of language and linguistics and teachers of English. Participants should have a basic knowledge of English linguistics and grammar. Students will gain experience with a state-of-art corpus and an understanding of basic statistical ideas.
Over the three days, participants will learn about:
– the scope of Corpus Linguistics, and how we can use it to study the English Language;
– key issues in Corpus Linguistics methodology;
– how to use corpora to analyse issues in syntax and semantics;
– basic elements of statistics;
– how to navigate large and small corpora, particularly ICE-GB and DCPSE.
The full programme, and further details, can be viewed at http://www.ucl.ac.uk/english-usage/summer-school/
Places are allocated on a first-come, first served basis.
Early bird registration until 1 May 2016: £295, after 1 May: £350
Students in full-time education will receive a free copy of either the ICE-GB or DCPSE corpus with the associated exploration software.
Apply online at http://www.ucl.ac.uk/english-usage/summer-school/ssecl.pdf
For further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Corpora list