Student Grants for FIRE 2015
We are pleased to announce availability of a limited number of Student Grants for attending FIRE 2015. This includes Student Travel Grants and Lower Registration rates for Student participants, details of which are mentioned at http://fire.irsi.res.in/fire/student_grants.
The deadline for application is 25th November. Applicants shall be notified about the decision by 28th November. Priority will be given to those participants who have already registered for FIRE 2015. Students not participating in FIRE 2015 but interested in attending the conference can also apply.
We are grateful to the ACM SIGIR Friends program for their support without which these grants wouldn’t have been possible. !
Please find below the detailed Call for Participation for FIRE 2015.
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
Seventh Meeting of the Forum for Information Retrieval Evaluation
4th-6th December 2015
The 7th meeting of Forum for Information Retrieval Evaluation 2015 will be held in Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology, Gandhinagar, India. Started in 2008 with the aim of building a South Asian counterpart for TREC, CLEF and NTCIR, FIRE has since evolved continuously to meet the new challenges in multilingual information access. It has expanded to include new domains like plagiarism detection, legal information access, mixed script information retrieval and spoken document retrieval to name a few.
This year’s edition of FIRE will show a marked departure from its status as an evaluation workshop for South Asian languages. FIRE 2015 while continuing its traditional evaluation activities, will for the first time introduce a peer-reviewed conference track. We invite full and short papers from information retrieval, natural language processing and related domains. ACM DL will publish the conference proceedings, and the workshop proceedings will be published by
· Bimal K. Roy, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata
· Björn Gambäck, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
· Charles L. A. Clarke, University of Waterloo, Canada
· Doug Oard, University of Maryland, USA
· Gareth Jones, Dublin City University, Ireland
· Jaap Kamps, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
· Kareem Darwish, Qatar Computing Research Institute, Qatar Foundation
· Paulo Quaresma, Universidade de Evora, Portugal
· Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Indian Institute of Technology, Patna
· Arabic Plagiarism Detection (AraPlagDet)
· Cross-Language detection of SOurce COde re-use (CL-SOCO)
· Mixed Script Information Retrieval
· Information Access in Legal Domain
· Automated Story Illustration
· Entity Extraction from Social Media Text – Indian Languages (ESM-IL)
* Deadline for Early bird Registration is 15th November.
Registration at a reduced rate, apart from that mentioned in the table above,is available for students who are not presenting any paper or poster but wish to attend FIRE 2015. A few travel grants are also available for Indian participants. For further details please visit the FIRE website or subscribe to the fire mailing list email@example.com.