Want to work with amazingly bright people on projects that will change the way Amazon works with our international customers? Like challenging, fast pace environments and have a passion for data, languages, and other cultures? The Localization Data Management team is looking for a Software Development Manager to help deliver new products to our customers!
As a Software Development Manager you will lead a team of highly skilled developers in the development of a new reporting, billing, and localized resources system. These systems will be based on the latest AWS technologies with a focus on scalability and throughput. In partnership with the Localization Platform team your team will assist in assuring operation excellence across all of Amazon’s localization services. This is a unique opportunity at Amazon with great exposure as all of Amazon will be your customer!
If you like to work hard, have fun, and make a difference, this is the team for you!
• Manage a team of Software Engineers working on building world class, scalable distributed systems.
• Recruit, hire, mentor and coach Software Development Engineers.
• Interface with our internal customers to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
• Own all operational metrics and support for your team’s software.
• Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver incremental value to customers.
• Help develop long-term development and business technology strategies.
• Candidates must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership.
• 3-5 years’ experience in Software development with experience as a Development Manager, managing teams of software engineers, and delivering on a technology roadmap.
• Strong business and technical vision.
• Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications.
• Strong technical credentials.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related degree.
• Exceptional customer support focus and skills
• Experience with data mining, report analysis, and data modeling
• Experience with Java and web based technologies
• Experience with Machine Translation technologies
• Knowledge of Localization and Internationalization
• Experience working pragmatically under deadlines with operational software
Multilingual (any language other than English)
Level of experience (years):
Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
How to apply:
Please mention NLP People as a source when applying
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Founded by Jeff Bezos, the Amazon.com website started in 1995 as a place to buy books because of the unique customer experience the Web could offer book lovers. Bezos believed that only the Internet could offer customers the convenience of browsing a selection of millions of book titles in a single sitting. During the first 30 days of business, Amazon fulfilled orders for customers in 50 states and 45 countries - all shipped from his Seattle-area garage.
Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improv