Who we are:
Bitpanda is Europe?s leading digital asset platform (e.g. Bitcoin, Ethereum & co) and one of the fastest growing FinTechs. We have the vision of creating an eco-system that allows a simple entry for beginners and an optimised usability for the advanced users. For this, we constantly work on new innovations and see ourselves as pioneers for the future financial and payment industry. To achieve our visions of the future, we work closely with financial services, banks and several trading platforms. Bitpanda is a visionary and rapidly expanding Start-Up, which is why we are looking for highly motivated and tech-savvy team members, who share our vision and choose to help and shape the future of the emerging FinTech industry.
Field of activity:
At Bitpanda, we are looking for a passionate and driven team-member who will be assigned to an agile team. You will be writing code which interacts directly with the well-known blockchains like Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum and others.
We have an emerging interest in the application of AI, machine learning and statistical natural language processing, mainly for the purpose of real-time analysis social and news media, and exploring the relationship between this data and price information.
If you are looking for a position, that will be both challenging and rewarding in equal measures, then Bitpanda is the right place to work.
What we offer:
– A chance to get involved in one of the leading FinTech Start-Ups and thereby help shape a growing, forward-looking and innovative field
– An ensured salary according to the collective agreement and a possible overpayment depending on the qualification
– Learning in the FinTech field
– Flat hierarchy and short communication channels
– Exciting and challenging projects, which offer room for your creative ideas
– Prompt takeover of self-responsibility
– Diversified and challenging tasks
– Very good working atmosphere in a young and motivated team
– Free drinks and snacks in our office in Vienna 1070
What you should offer:
– Completed or nearly completed Masters or PhD in a relevant discipline
– Excellent Python skills (v. 2 and 3)
– Familiarity with Git, SSH, etc.
– Knowledge of key Python libraries for AI, machine learning, deep learning and NLP, and ability to devise and implement novel methods for collecting and analysing linguistic and statistical data
– Familiarity with Docker
– Thorough understanding of REST service anatomy
– Appreciation for writing asynchronous non-blocking code
– Familiarity with unit testing and continuous integration
Optional: experience with Flask and/or Django
Optional: Experience with Amazon AWS
Knowledge of blockchains and cryptocurrency, especially in terms of programming, is a definite advantage, but not essential.
– English and/or German language skills