Applications are invited for a Full-time Postdoctoral Research Associate post at University College London, Computer Science, jointly funded with WCN and Innovation UK.
An adequate level of independence and problem-solving skills is required. The candidate will also need to have sufficient knowledge or experience in conducting frontier research related to data science and machine learning including information retrieval, social networks and/or recommender systems.
University College London
The successful candidate will possess a PhD degree in Computer Science (or closely related discipline). Candidates with a Masters level qualification in Data Science (Data Mining, Machine Learning or other closely related subjects) combined with specific relevant industry experience may also be considered where in sum it is deemed to be the equivalent of a PhD.
The candidate should possess:
– Experience in Python programming
– Knowledge in Machine Learning, Information retrieval, Recommender Systems, and NLP (Word Embedding)
– Knowledge on Cloud Computing and MapReduce/Spark
– Knowledge of network analysis or complex network theory
– Knowledge in mathematical and statistical analysis
– Experience in publishing high-quality research papers
It is also essential that the candidate has the following skills:
– Able to interpret and clearly articulate technical and complex information
– Able to present to a wide range of audience including senior stakeholders
– Able to use own initiative and prioritise workload
– Able to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
Other personal attributes include:
– Able to self-motivate and achieve agreed aims
– Good interpersonal and communication skills
About University College London
UCL (University College London) is London’s leading multidisciplinary university, with 10,000 staff and 27,000 students. Over 150 nationalities are represented among UCL students with overseas students making up nearly a third of the student body.
UCL is currently ranked fourth in the world by the QS World University Rankings, and our publications in clinical medicine attract more citations from fellow researchers than any other university outside North America.
Based in the heart of London, UCL was the first university in England to welcome students of any class, race or religion, and the first to welcome women on equal terms with men. This same spirit is manifested today in UCL's pioneering approach to interdisciplinary and frontier research. This has helped the university to develop strong linkages with UK Industry and has contributed to it's considerable success in winning research funding.
In the most recent UK Government Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) UCL was rated the best research univ