The University of Washington Information School invites applications for a Postdoctoral Scholar to work with Dr. Chirag Shah on his NSF-funded project “Information Fostering: Being Proactive in Information Seeking”.
The project aims to build a proactive information retrieval (IR) system that will be developed through a series of studies and experiments. This work will involve collecting and analyzing data from user interactions, constructing machine learning models, building intelligent agent(s), and evaluating the resulting system using a lab study and/or simulations. The postdoctoral scholar will have the following responsibilities:
• Design and conduct new studies/experiments
• Analyze task, intention, problems, and help data to build various machine learning models
• Develop an intelligent agent based on Coagmento architecture for providing proactive IR
• Advise PhD students and undergraduates in the InfoSeeking Lab on research design, data analysis, and system development
• Write and publish experimental results
This will be a one-year position with a possibility of renewal.
Postdoctoral Scholars are represented by UAW 4121 and are subject to the collective bargaining agreement, unless agreed exclusion criteria apply. For more information, please visit the University of Washington Labor Relations website.
University of Washington
• Applicants must have a PhD in Information or Computer Science or a related field
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• An ability to work in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary environment, including demonstrated success in working with diverse populations