At LinkedIn, we regularly process the semi-structured content in the 340+ million member profiles and the content they create on LinkedIn, such as comments, job descriptions, group discussions, and Influencer posts. We are building an NLP (Natural Language Processing) team at LinkedIn and this is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor.
– Design and develop NLP systems and tools.
– Research and evaluate different solutions to NLP problems.
– Produce deliverable results and see them through from development to production.
– Interact and work with remote teams located in different timezones.
– PhD in Computer Science or related discipline.
– Expertise in several of the following domains: sentiment analysis, information extraction (POS, N/E tagging with HMMs/CRF etc), feature extraction, classification, tokenization, and processing of non-English text.
– Machine Learning & Text mining exposure and familiarity with R, Weka, NTLK etc.
– Solid experience in Java, C++, or another object-oriented language.
– Excellent communication skills, drive and discipline to get things done.
We’d prefer if you also have:
– Worked with web-scale traffic and data.
– Experience with Hadoop, Pig, or other MapReduce paradigms.
– Experience with Lucene, SOLR or other open-source IR toolkits.
– Published work in academic conferences or industry circles.
– Involved in consumer-facing product development and design.
How to apply:
Please mention NLP People as a source when applying
Founded in 2003, LinkedIn connects the world's professionals to make them more productive and successful. With more than 364 million members worldwide, including executives from every Fortune 500 company, LinkedIn is the world's largest professional network on the Internet. The company has a diversified business model with revenue coming from Talent Solutions, Marketing Solutions and Premium Subscriptions products. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, LinkedIn has offices across the globe. www.linkedin.com