We are seeking a Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Knowledge Graph
Inference research intern in our New York office. You will be working on a
research project related to the core problems we work on at BenevolentAI –
scientific discovery (specifically, drug discovery) from structured and
unstructured data sources. You will be able to publish the results of your
summer project at the end of the internship.
If you would like to join our NYC research team for summer 2018 to
have direct impact in the goals of our company by advancing drug discovery,
we would love to hear from you. We offer a great opportunity to do what
you like, while doing something that will improve and save millions of
The NLP Research Intern will integrate into our cross functional working
environment and contribute to this high performing team who seek to apply
their knowledge in the high impact field of improving human?s capability in
We are looking for sound knowledge of natural language processing, machine
learning, deep learning, probabilistic modelling and statistical inference.
This individual will adopt an innovative approach and be able to bring
their ideas and provide interesting solutions in our understanding of
complex graph data.
The ideal candidate will be:
– A PhD student in computer science or a related field, with 3rd+ year
PhD students being ideal. Master?s students with stellar research record
are also encouraged to apply.
– Research experience in natural language processing, statistical
– Basic knowledge of deep learning toolkits for ML such as Tensorflow,
– A solid understanding of the principles of Machine Learning and
applying it to complex unstructured text and/or graph-based knowledge
– Familiarity with version control systems
– History of creativity and intellectual flexibility, open to thinking
about data in new ways
*Duration: *3 months with possible extension