We’re looking to hire someone to help scale Machine Learning and NLP efforts for a Client of Artifex Technologies Private Limited .
You’ll work with the team that develops the models powering the client’s product focused on NLP driven medical coding. Some of the problems include improving our ICD code recommendations , clinical named entity recognition and information extraction from clinical notes.
This is a role for highly technical machine learning & data engineers who combine outstanding oral and written communication skills, and the ability to code up prototypes and productionalize using a large range of tools, algorithms, and languages. Most importantly they need to have the ability to autonomously plan and organize their work assignments based on high-level team goals.
You will be responsible for setting an agenda to develop and ship machine learning models that positively impact the business, working with partners across the company including product and engineering.
You will use research results to shape strategy for the company, and help build a foundation of tools and practices used by quantitative staff across the company.
What you will achieve:
● Define the research vision for data science, and oversee planning, staffing, and prioritization to make sure the team is advancing that roadmap
● Invest in your team’s skills, tools, and processes to improve their velocity, including working with engineering counterparts to shape the roadmap for machine learning needs
● Hire, retain, and develop talented and diverse staff through ownership of our data science hiring processes, brand, and functional leadership of data scientists
● Evangelise machine learning and AI internally and externally, including attending conferences and being a thought leader in the space
● Partner with the executive team and other business leaders to deliver cross-functional research work and models
Artifex Technologies Private Limited
● Strong background in classical machine learning and machine learning deployments is a must and preferably with 4-8 years of experience
● Knowledge of deep learning & NLP
● Hands-on experience in TensorFlow/PyTorch, Scikit-Learn, Python, Apache Spark & Big
Data platforms to manipulate large-scale structured and unstructured datasets.
● Experience with GPU computing is a plus.
● Professional experience as a data science leader, setting the vision for how to most
effectively use data in your organization. This could be through technical leadership with ownership over a research agenda, or developing a team as a personnel manager in a new area at a larger company.
● Expert-level experience with a wide range of quantitative methods that can be applied to business problems.
● Evidence you’ve successfully been able to scope, deliver and sell your own research in a way that shifts the agenda of a large organization.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills on quantitative topics for a variety of audiences: product managers, designers, engineers, and business leaders.
● Fluent in data fundamentals: SQL, data manipulation using a procedural language, statistics, experimentation, and modeling
● Professional experience as a data science leader, setting the vision for how to most effectively use data in your organization
● Expert-level experience with machine learning that can be applied to business problems
● Evidence you’ve successfully been able to scope, deliver and sell your own work in a
way that shifts the agenda of a large organization
● Fluent in data fundamentals: SQL, data manipulation using a procedural language,
statistics, experimentation, and modeling
● Degree in a field that has very applicable use of data science / statistics techniques (e.g. statistics, applied math, computer science, OR a science field with direct statistics application)
● 5+ years of industry experience in data science and machine learning, preferably at a software product company
● 3+ years of experience managing data science teams, incl. managing/grooming managers beneath you
● 3+ years of experience partnering with executive staff on data topics
Contact the job poster
Job poster profile
Anitha M Lakshmi
Leadership Coach and a HR Strategist for Growing and Start Up Companies
Job Poster Location
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Information Technology & Services
Level of experience (years):
Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
How to apply:
Please mention NLP People as a source when applying