As a Junior Linguist, you will be reviewing and annotating linguistic data and carrying out a number of tasks to improve Google’s natural language processing.
– Reviewing and annotating linguistic data
– Labeling text for semantic, syntactic and morphological characteristics
– Annotating lexicon entries according to guidelines
– Deriving NLP data for new and on-going projects
– Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts; should have an interest in natural language processing
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Keen interest in technology and computer-literate (should feel comfortable using in-house tools and should have an interest in linguistics and linguistic resources)
– Attention to detail and good organizational skills
Educational level: Degree in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics with knowledge of semantics, syntax, morphology or lexicography
Linguistic Field(s): Morphology, Semantics, Syntax, Lexicography, NLP
Native-level speaker of Brazilian Portuguese and fluent in English
Specific requirements: Project duration:9 months (with potential for extension). This is not a permanent position but a contract position.
Location: The location could be any of the following: Brazil, Zurich, Dublin, London, Portugal, New York City or Mountain View.
Appen is a language technology solutions and consulting firm, recognized as a global leader in the quality, range and caliber of its expertise. We are focused on helping our clients reach international markets by leveraging our expertise in over 140 languages and dialects. Our clients are among the world’s top internet search engine and voice recognition providers. For more information come see us at http://www.appen.com.
Interested in working with Appen? Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox: http://ow.ly/vP1rc