You are a technical expert with strong knowledge in the structure of language and its application to computers systems. The ideal candidate is commercially aware and has the ability to visualize articulated processes and solve complex problems.
The Computational Linguist is expert with Artificial Solutions® Teneo® natural language technology platform and is able to provide consulting services to customers, prospects and external partners in order they can develop highly advanced artefacts to exceed stated requirements.
He /She will be focused on designing, developing and maintaining natural language-based solutions in domains including artificial intelligence, machine learning, personalization, expert functions plus database and language processing systems.
The Computational Linguist is directly involved in projects from initial build through development and maintenance phases where in addition to your natural language abilities there will be a requirement for planning, time-management and commercial skills all leading to enhanced customer satisfaction. A proactive approach and the ability to work within an agile framework are essential ingredients.
Reporting to the Director of Professional Services, he/she will be working on a wide range of projects within in a team of multicultural, skilled and driven Knowledge Engineers, Project Managers and Technical Consultants.
The position will focus upon:
· Using your German language skills including the full range of syntax and semantic aspects to build natural language artefacts and solutions.
· Designing, building, and testing natural language artefacts and solutions based upon customer, prospect and partner requirements encompassed in technical specifications.
· Utilizing your technical skills to enhance natural language capabilities through integrations, interfaces and additional coding.
· Analyzing session log files to assess artefact and solution capabilities and to determine relevant development options.
· Also, with colleagues, to demonstrate clear and empirical evidence regarding the value to customers, prospects and partners of our natural language technology.
· BA in Computational Linguistics, General Linguistics, Applied Linguistic, Language Technologies or similar.
Linguistics and computational linguistics knowledge and skills:
· Practical knowledge of formal syntax, formal semantics, corpus analysis, dialogue management.
· Strong understanding of morphology, lexicology, phonetics, pragmatics, automated speech analysis and synthesis.
· A minimum of one years’ relevant industry experience in a customer-facing role.
· Solid understanding of statistics (preferably in applied natural language analysis), mathematics, machine-learning, machine translation, computer-aided language learning (in combination with language studies will be an important plus).
· A high level of proficiency in at least one of the following programming languages: Java, Groovy or Python
· Fluent English
· German language native or near native
· Strong logical and analytical skills, being able to deal with complex and abstract concepts
· Demonstrated ability to analyze problems to identify the root cause
· Proven customer facing skills and ability to interact and communicate effectively with stakeholders at different levels
· Capability for identifying needs and business value solutions for the clients
· Professional attitude, detail-oriented and organized
· Ability to work well both alone and within a larger team
· Flexible and open-minded, pragmatic and proactive approach
· Ability to work in multi-functional teams
· Ability to combine multiple task and projects
About Artificial Solutions
Artificial Solutions is the leading specialist in Natural Language Interaction (NLI), a form of Artificial Intelligence that allows people to talk to applications and electronic devices in free-format, natural language, using speech, text, touch or gesture. Our Teneo platform enables sophisticated natural language applications to be created in record time without the need for specialist linguistic skills.