The Language Technology Lab of the German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI LT-Lab) offers a position in Berlin, Germany, as
Text and Web Content Generation Researcher and Developer
in language technology. The position is available starting September/October 2015 and is set in the context of German projects.
We are looking for people who enjoy working in an innovative, international and enthusiastic team, love challenges and are passionate about research, development and building reliable systems and tools. We offer an excellent working environment with close integration in research projects. The successful applicant will work in a multi- disciplinary and international team in one of the world’s foremost research centres in AI and NLP. DFKI Berlin is located in the centre of the dynamic, liveable and affordable capital of Germany.
The candidates should have a master degree or PhD in computer science, computational linguistics, or in a related discipline (bachelor degree also possible depending on qualifications and expertise).
Expertise and experience in the following areas is expected:
- Deep knowledge of state-of-the-art NLP techniques in one or more areas of text generation (e.g., text grammars, schemas, hypertext and story generation, information extraction, text summarisation, linked data to text etc.);
- Experience in implementing web-based text or report generation systems
Expertise and experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Experience with current machine learning approaches, toolkits, paradigms
- Working knowledge of web services and web-related data formats and standards
- Working knowledge of linked data technologies (e.g., triple stores)
- Experience in content management systems (esp. WordPress, Drupal)
- Experience in professional, publication-ready CSS-based Web design
Expected programming skills:
- Experience with programming in Java and/or C++
- Experience with scripting languages
- A good grasp of algorithms and software architectures
Expected general skills:
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good communication and teamwork skills in an international team
- High degree of motivation
- Able to manage own workload and meet deadlines
- Good organisational skills
- Good standard of written and spoken English (German helpful)
Pay and duration Successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary based on their qualifications and experience. The initial contract will be for a duration of 2 years.
How to Apply Please send your electronic application (PDF) to Dr. Georg Rehm and Dr. Felix Sasaki referring to job opening No. 43-15/HU. A meaningful application should include a cover letter, CV, and a brief summary of professional interests, and contact information for three references.
Preference is given to applications received by July 31, 2015.
About DFKI LT-Lab
Our mission is to ease the use of human languages by machines and to improve solutions that benefit from language use. We conduct advanced research in language technology and provide novel computational techniques for processing text, speech and knowledge. We strive for a deeper understanding of human language and thought, studying the true needs of the end user and the demands of the market.