Our client has an immediate opening for a Speech Scientist. You will work on automated speech recognition and natural language processing applications, covering a broad range of activities in all project phases, including the design, development, and optimization of the system. You will:
• Work across application development teams to ensure best possible recognition performance and user experience in deployed systems
• Identify recognition challenges and assess accuracy feasibility during the design phase
• Design, develop, and test VoiceXML grammars and create grammars for dynamic contexts
• Analyze performance of applications by identifying hot-spots, assessing caller and user navigational success, along with recognition accuracy.
• BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Cognitive Science, Computational Linguistics, Physics, Mathematics, or related field
• Excited about working with customers to optimize systems for their unique requirements and to apply empirical data to generate successes.
• Motivated to work with PS leaders and Sales to recommend creative solutions that lead to new business.
• Passionate about analyzing data to solve problems and improve systems
• Good programming skills, preferably with a scripting language such as Perl or Python
• Ability to scope work taking technical, business and time-frame constraints into consideration
• Experience with XML, VoiceXMLAbility to speak Spanish, Mandarin, and other foreign languages preferred
About Anzu Global, LLC
Anzu Global LLC is a globalization staffing company. We provide globalization personnel—Localization managers, internationalization engineers, translators, L10n and I18n QA engineers, bilingual technical support and localization engineers. We provide both on-site and remote resources for either contract or full time openings.
Our philosophy is simple, “tell the truth”. With both our clients and candidates we strive for honest, clear and accurate communication. To this end, the client's business requirements are carefully reviewed and evaluated. The candidate's skills are professionally assessed and documented. In short, honesty, integrity and trust are the cornerstones upon which we build a successful business.
A second core belief is that as a profitable business, we have a global responsibility to support charitable organizations. More specifically, we support organizations that address the global challenges of poverty, disease, political oppression and educational inequalities.