The College of Computing and Informatics (CCI) invites applications for multiple full-time teaching faculty positions in Information Science and Data Science. CCI located in a brand new building with state-of-the-art classrooms, research and student labs, and abundant space to promote collaboration and innovation. It offers a variety of B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees spanning all areas of computing and informatics, including new degrees such as MS in Data Science, and MS in Information with majors in Library and Information Science, Digital Content Management and Human Computer Interaction/User Experience.
Information Science candidates are expected to have:
• A vision of information science education and interest in transforming library and information science education in the 21st century
• Broad knowledge in information science and interest in promoting information science to a wide audience.
• Expertise in one or more specialized area of information science
• Experience in information science competencies and curriculum development
• Experience in teaching in both on-campus and online environment
Data Science candidates are expected to have:
• Solid knowledge or industry experience in one or more areas of data science
• Familiarity with data cleansing, data pre-processing, and data analytics tools & systems
• Familiarity with data modeling, predictive modeling, and machine learning
• Experience in course and curriculum development
• Interest in teaching both on-campus and online courses, and international teaching opportunities.