We are building a team of passionate people who are focused on changing the world for the better. We are going to apply the same principles that made Amazon great! Driving forward with Customer Obsession & Think Big we will be creating a new vertical for Amazon. We are looking for smart, passionate people who have a strong sense of ownership and strong innovation mindset. If you want your work to positively impact the lives of millions of people and you’re up for a challenge, let’s talk!
We are looking for an NLP Scientist who can bring bleeding edge machine learning and NLP techniques into real products solving real problems together with a highly multi-disciplinary team of scientist, engineers, strategic partners, product managers and subject domain.
· PhD in machine learning (or in a highly related area) or equivalent experience
· Solid background in statistical learning techniques for NLP (Deep Learning, HMMs, CRFs, SVMs, LDA, LSI, MRFs etc)
· Must have ML/NLP algorithm implementation experience as well as the ability to modify standard algorithms (e.g. change objectives, work-out the math and implement)
· Strong programming skills in at least one object oriented programming language (Java, Scala, C++, Python, etc.)
· Knowledge of or experience in building production quality and large scale deployment of applications related to natural language processing and machine learning.
· Fluency with at least one of the modern distributed ML frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, MxNet
· Eager to learn new algorithms, new application areas and new tools.
· Excellent communication skills
· PhD in Natural Language Processing or Information Retrieval
· Experience in one or more of the following areas: entity/relation extraction, normalization, text summarization, semantic search, word/paragraph/document embedding, ranking, ontology-aware IR, question answering systems
· Experience and/or motivation to work on modern deep learning approaches to NLP: word/paragraph embedding, representation learning, text/sentiment classification, ambiguity disambiguation
· Track-record of having developed novel algorithms, e.g. publications in one or more of the following: KDD, WWW, NIPS, NAACL, ACL, SIGIR, EMNLP, ICML etc
· Experience with filesystems, server architectures, and distributed systems
How to apply:
Please mention NLP People as a source when applying
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Founded by Jeff Bezos, the Amazon.com website started in 1995 as a place to buy books because of the unique customer experience the Web could offer book lovers. Bezos believed that only the Internet could offer customers the convenience of browsing a selection of millions of book titles in a single sitting. During the first 30 days of business, Amazon fulfilled orders for customers in 50 states and 45 countries - all shipped from his Seattle-area garage.
Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improv