The Amazon Supply and Business-to-Business (B2B) organization is seeking a Senior Manager, Software Development for all the platform components that drive a superior shopping experience. The charter of this organization is to develop innovative and compelling experiences for business customers to shop on Amazon.com. Your team is tasked with developing platform components such that registered and verified businesses will experience a differentiated experience on Amazon.com. These components will build upon large scale cloud based systems to apply Information Retrieval, NLP and Data Mining techniques on the world’s largest product catalog and influence the way millions of customers resolve their product queries. If you are a technology leader that thrives on solving hard problems in a fast-paced environment then this opportunity is for you.
The B2B organization is focused on building solutions to enable B2B customers to research, discover and buy business, industrial and scientific products in large catalogs; across multiple devices, marketplaces and regions. Our customers include individual professionals, businesses and institutions that buy in either high frequency or in bulk quantities. Our customers have different needs than the traditional Amazon consumer customer base.
The B2B team is comprised of Engineers, TPMs, Researchers, Designers and Product Managers, all tasked with a singular goal to create a world class and differentiated shopping experience for business customers. You will be a key member of this team, dedicated to our ongoing effort to launch best of breed business shopping features worldwide. The B2B team has signed up for big goals in 2015 and this could be a breakout opportunity in one’s career at Amazon.
Your team will leverage cutting edge research in Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing to solve core business problems at scale. Your team will be responsible for all aspects of the customer experience from the visual interface to the back end services. You will be working with new technologies that improve usability and increase performance and scalability – latest UX frameworks, parallel processing, rendering and machine learning are just a few examples. You will also partner with a wide range of teams across Amazon.
You will partner closely with Product Managers and TPMs to help translate business requirements into technical deliverables and deliver operationally stable solution that provides compelling customer experiences. You will also be responsible for managing, building, and growing a strong technical team. Experience with building and operating web-based applications and/or web services-based applications will be very applicable and helpful.
We prefer candidates who can thrive in a fast paced, high energy and fun work environment where we deliver value incrementally and frequently. We value highly technical, hands-on, data driven leaders who know their subject matters deeply and are willing to learn new areas. We look for individuals who will set aside meaningful time to develop themselves and their teams as we continually learn from customers. Its still Day 1!
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
* At least 4 years of experience managing software development efforts in distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications utilizing Agile methodologies (SCRUM a plus).
* Atleast 6 years experience professionally developing software in an Object Oriented Programming (OOP) language like Java, C++, C# or Scala Experience building and developing strong technical teams
* Experience leading development managers/technical leads
* Deep, hands-on technical expertise in high scale, service-oriented architectures
* Experience managing junior managers
* Experience in Data Mining, Information Retrieval, NLP or Machine Learning
* Experience in big data processing techniques like Hadoop, Hive
* Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
* Clear, professional communication skills able to contribute to team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions
* Proactively and continually improve their level of knowledge about Amazon’s business and relevant technologies, and use this knowledge to deliver high quality, accurate software deliverables
* Strong business and technical vision
Level of experience (years):
Senior (5+ years of experience)
How to apply:
Please mention NLP People as a source when applying
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Founded by Jeff Bezos, the Amazon.com website started in 1995 as a place to buy books because of the unique customer experience the Web could offer book lovers. Bezos believed that only the Internet could offer customers the convenience of browsing a selection of millions of book titles in a single sitting. During the first 30 days of business, Amazon fulfilled orders for customers in 50 states and 45 countries - all shipped from his Seattle-area garage.
Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improv