Search Technology Center Europe, London
We are the Search Technology Center based in London and have an ambitious goal of helping our millions of users world-wide to get to their most relevant search results faster across all Microsoft product search experiences powered by Bing.
Our team works on search query formulation technologies which improve our user’s search experience by helping them formulate their search queries better and thus getting to the more relevant search results faster. These technologies contribute significantly to Microsoft’s strategy by enabling efficient search experiences in core Microsoft products such as Bing.com, Windows, Internet Explorer, MSN, and many more products used by millions of users around the world. Our team includes engineers and researchers with extensive search industry and research experience. Finally, we are a multi-cultural and diverse team with 20+ nationalities represented, making your working with us a truly global and personally enriching experience.
The Universal Search Box (USB) team is responsible for building compelling and relevant query formulation experiences across a wide range of Microsoft products – Bing.com, Windows, Internet Explorer, etc. Our team works on solving challenging problems across a breadth of core computer science areas such as machine learning, natural language processing, statistical machine translation, data-mining and core algorithm and system-design. We are an agile team with a start-up mentality and the ability for continuous experimentation, flighting and ship.
We’re looking for a strong relevance PM. If you cherish solving challenging relevance problems, getting your hands dirty with analysing troves of data to build actionable customer and product insights and translate these learnings into shipping delightful query formulation experiences for our customers, then we would love to hear from you.
Here are some examples of real world user problems you will solve:
– How do you determine the most relevant query completion to show for a prefix such as “cal”?
– How do you improve the relevance of query completions taking user intent into context?
– What is the right order to rank multiple groups of query completion results for a given search prefix?
– ….and many more.
– Drive the ideation and launch of innovative query formulation features
– Drive product development working with a team of world-class engineers and designers
– Do opportunity analysis to improve the relevance of query formulation features
– Integrate usability studies, research, market and competitive analysis into feature requirements to enhance user satisfaction
– Define metrics and measurement for your features and analyze metrics to inform the success of your features
– Deep-dive on your feature areas in executive discussion and review forums
– Evangelize your feature through blogs, brown-bags, tech talks in internal and external forums
Skills and Qualifications:
We are seeking gifted PMs who are self-motivating, have a strong drive for results, collaborate extremely well across organizations and globally distributed engineering and research teams and have the ability to deal with ambiguity and constant change in a fast paced environment.
You must have a degree in computer science. Knowledge of machine learning algorithms and statistics is a plus, in addition to the below:
– Demonstrable product management or design experience
– Demonstrable experience shipping complex and highly scalable web products in a relevance PM role
– Exceptional communication and presentation skills
– Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
– Experience designing intuitive solutions to key user problems through wire frames, mock ups and prototypes
– BA/BS in Computer Science or a related field
How to apply:
Please mention NLP People as a source when applying
Come as you are. Do what you love.
At Microsoft we help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We make this simple mission come to life every day through our passion to create technologies and develop products that touch just about every kind of customer.
Working at Microsoft gives you the opportunity to do things that make a real difference in millions, even billions, of lives. To reach your full potential.
So why not take a closer look at Microsoft? We think you’ll find that amazing things really do happen here.