The Multilingual Technologies (MLT) Lab at DFKI is looking to expand its
expertise in Machine Learning for NLP with a focus on Deep Learning and
Machine Translation. Depending on track record and experience, the position
is available at the Junior/Researcher/Senior level.
Research responsibilities include:
– machine learning and deep learning for machine translation
– publication in top-tier conferences and journals
– software development and integration
General responsibilities include:
– basic research as well as industry funded applied research
– identification of funding opportunities and engagement in proposal writing
– contribution to teaching and supervision in accordance with University and
DFKI rules and regulations
– administrative work associated with programmes of research
– MSc/PhD in computer science, machine learning, natural language processing,
computational linguistics or similar
– Strong background and track record in machine learning and deep learning as
well as in MT and NLP
– Strong problem solving and programming skills, independent and creative
– Strong team working and communication skills, as well as excellent command
of written and oral English.
Command of German or other languages will be helpful, but is not a requirement.
About DFKI GmbH