Amazon is looking for a passionate, talented and inventive Research Scientist to help build industry-leading speech and language solutions that will enhance user interactions with our products and services in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers.
As a Research Scientist on our team, you will build and optimize cutting-edge natural language understanding systems and conduct core research aimed at advancing the state of the art. This involves:
· Researching the latest modeling techniques. Understanding trade-offs between competing approaches, and identifying the ones that are likely to have real impact on our customers.
· Implementing and/or improving modeling tools, training recipes and prototypes utilizing programming skills in Python and/or Java.
· Conducting experiments to assess the quality of natural language processing modules and to study the effect of different modeling techniques.
· Analyzing field data in order to identify areas of possible improvement or enhancement of the system.
· Presenting and discussing ideas and results within the team and beyond.
· Graduate degree (Masters or PhD) in computer science, computational linguistics, or a related field.
· Comprehensive and deep knowledge of a relevant field of research, such as machine learning, statistical modeling, natural language understanding, machine translation
· Solid programming skills.
· Dependable written and oral communication skills (English).
· Experience using Unix/Linux.
· Explicit (industry or academic) experience with natural language understanding and/or dialogue management.
· PhD or 5+ years of relevant work experience.
· Be an avid programmer, with extensive expertise in Python and/or Java.
· Expertise any of the following areas: algorithms and data structures, parsing, numerical optimization, data mining, parallel and distributed computing
· Experience in professional software development.
How to apply:
Please mention NLP People as a source when applying
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Founded by Jeff Bezos, the Amazon.com website started in 1995 as a place to buy books because of the unique customer experience the Web could offer book lovers. Bezos believed that only the Internet could offer customers the convenience of browsing a selection of millions of book titles in a single sitting. During the first 30 days of business, Amazon fulfilled orders for customers in 50 states and 45 countries - all shipped from his Seattle-area garage.
Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improv