Multiple Research Fellow Positions for AI in Healthcare at National University of Singapore:
We are looking for multiple Research Fellows to participate in a new AI in Healthcare project at the Institute of Data Science (http://ids.nus.edu.sg/) and the School of Computing (https://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/), National University of Singapore. The project is funded under the “AI in Health Grand Challenge” (https://www.aisingapore.org/grand-challenges/health/) by AI Singapore, led by Professors Wynne Hsu, Mong-Li Lee, See-Kiong Ng and Chee-Yong Chan together with clinicians from Singhealth, which is one of Singapore’s largest healthcare provider. Interested individual please send your cover letter and resume to email
The Research Fellows will be responsible for undertaking in-depth research and innovation for AI in Healthcare that not only lead to publications in top-tier international conferences and journals, but also real-world implementations. He/she will be working closely with the Principal Investigators and our external collaborators on interesting real-world datasets and problem statements to enable the transformation of chronic care for diabetes, hypertension and hyperlipidemia.
• Research and develop new concepts and algorithms in data science and machine learning for AI in Healthcare
• Contribute to knowledge exchange activities with external partners and collaborators
• Publish in leading international conferences and journals
• Develop demos and prototypes for exhibiting work at appropriate events
National University of Singapore
• A PhD in Computer Science or equivalent, with specialization related to data mining, machine learning, artificial intelligence or databases;
• Ability to conduct independent research with a strong and relevant publication record;
• Experienced in working with a diverse range of structured and unstructured data types related to healthcare and wellbeing;
• Excellent interpersonal communication and oral presentation skills in English; and
• Interested in working in a team, with people of diverse skillsets, including industry end-users
About National University of Singapore
A leading global university centred in Asia, the National University of Singapore (NUS) is Singapore's flagship university which offers a global approach to education and research with a focus on Asian perspectives and expertise.
Its 16 faculties and schools located in three campus locations – Kent Ridge, Bukit Timah and Outram - provide a broad-based curriculum underscored by multidisciplinary courses and cross-faculty enrichment. The University also offers programmes such as student exchange, entrepreneurial internships at seven NUS Overseas Colleges, and over 70 double degree, joint degree and concurrent degree programmes with some of the world’s top universities. In 2012, NUS is ranked 23rd in the World Reputation Rankings published by the Times Higher Education.
Known as a research-intensive university, NUS has three Research Centres of Excellence (RCE) and 22 university-level research institutes and centres.