Fantastic opportunity to join a team working on an EU-funded R&D project in the speech & facial recognition domain.
My client are applying a unique approach to speech recognition to power a platform-independent biometrics system that can be deployed on any platform, in any environment, anywhere.
We are currently seeking a Research Associate to join our team. Suitable candidates will have strong academic backgrounds in Speech and/or Facial recognition and be looking for an opportunity to apply their research skills in a commercial setting. Working as part of a cross-functional, international research team you will be a strong communicator with strong attention-to-detail and a strong desire to work on a commercially-successful product.
– A postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline (Speech Recognition, Facial Recognition, Pattern Recognition, Digital Signal Processing, Phonetics etc)
– Specific experience in auditory phonetics or a similar speech science domain would be particularly interesting.
– Strong programming skills (preferably including some experience in C, on multiple platforms/environments
– A passion for solving difficult problems in the speech & biometrics domain
– A solid understanding of probability theory/computational statistics
– First-class communication skills
Level of experience (years):
Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
we are a next-generation people search and recruiting services company in the tech industry. We identify, approach and attract hard-to-find talent on behalf of world-class software companies, technology consulting firms and internationally-renowned end-user organisations.
we are the EU's leading specialist staffing and recruiting company in the Natural Language Technology industry. Over the past 4 years, mployability have developed the EU's leading network of candidates in the Natural Language Technology space, including:
- Natural Language Processing Engineers/Developers
- Data Scientists, Informatics & ("Big") Data Analytics professionals
- Computational Linguists
- Machine Learning Developers/Researchers
- Speech Scientists / Speech Recognition Engineers
- Language Technology Architects
- Language Technology Development Team Leaders / Managers
using a combination of our “right-now” talent scouting methodology and our established talent pipelining infrastructure, we work with a diverse range