We are looking for multiple Research Assistants to participate in a new AI in Healthcare project at the Institute of Data Science (http://ids.nus.edu.sg/) and the School of Computing (https://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/), National University of Singapore. The project is funded under the “AI in Health Grand Challenge” (https://www.aisingapore.org/grand-challenges/health/) by AI Singapore, led by Professors Wynne Hsu, Mong-Li Lee, See-Kiong Ng and Chee-Yong Chan together with clinicians from Singhealth, which is one of Singapore’s largest healthcare provider. Interested individual please send your cover letter and resume to email
The Research Assistant will be responsible for designing and implementing efficient and robust systems, and applications for algorithms and methodologies based on state-of-the-art research in data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence and big data. He/she will be working closely with the Principal Investigator and lab members on one or more research projects with external collaborators on interesting and challenging real-world datasets and problem statements.
• Design and write robust, readable, and reusable code components and applications to implement state-of-the-art research outcomes in data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and big data
• Research and deploy state-of-the-art data science and AI programming and application development tools
• Perform data cleansing and processing for analysis of real-world datasets
• Assists with the editing and preparation of manuscripts, reports and presentations.
• Participate in research discussions with lab members and Principle Investigators
• Participate in presentations and demos for exhibiting work at appropriate events
• Attends project meetings involving external collaborators
National University of Singapore
• Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or related disciplines with a focus in AI/Machine Learning/Big Data
• Candidate must be able to work within fast moving, ‘hands-on’, results orientated environments. S/he will have a ‘can do’ attitude and be passionate about building and developing new ideas and models
• Solid programming and application development skills with experience in Python/Perl/R. Mastery of programming languages such as C/C++/Java, and experience with Tensorflow would be a plus
• Ability to read and understand methodologies in research papers
• Familiarity with AI applications for healthcare is a plus.
• Fluent in English and good team-player
About National University of Singapore
A leading global university centred in Asia, the National University of Singapore (NUS) is Singapore's flagship university which offers a global approach to education and research with a focus on Asian perspectives and expertise.
Its 16 faculties and schools located in three campus locations – Kent Ridge, Bukit Timah and Outram - provide a broad-based curriculum underscored by multidisciplinary courses and cross-faculty enrichment. The University also offers programmes such as student exchange, entrepreneurial internships at seven NUS Overseas Colleges, and over 70 double degree, joint degree and concurrent degree programmes with some of the world’s top universities. In 2012, NUS is ranked 23rd in the World Reputation Rankings published by the Times Higher Education.
Known as a research-intensive university, NUS has three Research Centres of Excellence (RCE) and 22 university-level research institutes and centres.