LIRIS (Laboratoire d’InfoRmatique en Image et Systèmes d’information) was created in 2003 through the merging of several former laboratories involved in Communication and Information Technology research.
The laboratory involves 320 researchers from INSA de Lyon, Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Ecole Centrale de Lyon, Université Lumière Lyon 2 and CNRS.
The laboratory is organized in six areas of skills of 20-25 permanents. Each of the 14 research teams belongs to one of these areas: Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition ; Geometry and modeling ; Data Science ; Services, Distributed Systems, and Security ; Simulation, virtuality, and computational sciences ; Interactions and cognition.
This mission is in the context of the ANR project ContentCheck
This collaborative project, funded by the ANR, brings together academic laboratories specialized in data management, natural language processing, automated reasoning and data mining, as well as a team of journalists from a major French media. We approach the problem of “ Fact Cheking ” as a problem of content management to set up new models, deploy new algorithms and to push further verifications in interaction with journalists.
List of partners:
– INRIA Saclay – Ile-de-France (CEDAR team, INRIA – Centre de recherche Saclay – Ile-de-France et École polytechnique)
– INSA LYON (DB and DM2L teams – LIRIS, Institut National des Sciences Appliquées de Lyon – Laboratoire d’Informatique en Images et Systèmes d’information)
– CNRS-LIMSI (Laboratoire d’Informatique pour la Mécanique et les Sciences de l’Ingénieur)
– Société éditrice du Monde (Les Décodeurs, http://www.lemonde.fr/les-decodeurs/)
– UR1-IRISA (Université Rennes 1 – IRISA)
The recruited person will work on the integration of solutions developed within the project to realize an ergonomic prototype assisting journalists in various tasks such as: finding data sources adapted to a given task, checking and putting into perspective an affirmation, dissemination of results
Collaborations : The recruited person will collaborate with the partners involved in the project.
– Integration of research prototypes,
– Data modeling involved in, and exploited for, fact-checking journalism,
– Design and development of interfaces,
– Writing of documentations and reports in English,
– Presentation of progress to partners,
– Possible mentoring of trainees.
– Excellent level in modeling and programming,
– Very good relationship,
– Skills in databases, data warehousing, data mining, web technologies will be appreciated.
– Good level in written English,
About INSA Angels
INSA Angels was added to CrunchBase in 2014