We are seeking a post-doctoral researcher who will collaborate in a joint effort to chart the current European landscape of text and data mining (TDM) projects, as part of the European H2020 project FutureTDM. The main aims of the project are to reduce (legal) barriers and increase the uptake of text and data mining for research environments, using a collaborative knowledge and open information approach.
Your responsibilities will be to analyse current application areas and trends in TDM including statistics and key figures, collect an overview of relevant research and industrial projects, derive best practices, and provide a structured collection of relevant knowledge and information resources.
The FutureTDM project provides a clear structure in which the post-doc is expected to collaborate with others and co-produce the expected deliverables: reports, papers, and structured overviews of relevant TDM projects and experts. The latter are to be included in a knowledge base that will be a key component of the FutureTDM platform, which will enable stakeholder mapping and will offer collaborative space.
The contract period may optionally be extended by a number of months in which the post-doc researcher teaches courses in ICT, natural language processing, and information sciences at the Bachelor’s and Master’s levels at Radboud University.
What we have to offer:
– employment: 0.8 – 1.0 fte;
– a maximum gross monthly salary of ? 4,551 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 11);
– in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus;
– duration of the contract: 1 Sep. 2015 ? 1 Aug. 2017;
– you will be appointed for an initial period of 2 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended to the end date;
– you will be classified as a Researcher Level 3 in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO).
– you are a multi-disciplinary researcher with a firm grasp of the state of the art in data mining and/or text mining;
– you have excellent writing skills (academic English);
– as you will work with one of the partners in a European project, collaborative, networking, and project management skills are essential; operational experience in gained in similar projects will be considered an advantage;
– you are punctual and have a goal-driven attitude;
– you should hold a PhD in computer science, natural language processing, or a related area, and should have a proven track record in data mining and/or text mining.
How to apply:
Please mention NLP People as a source when applying
About Radboud University
Radboud University is a student-oriented research university. Its teaching is geared to students as actively participating members of the academic community. The University also educates students to be critical, independently-minded and engaged individuals, who will eventually assume responsible positions in society with their own views regarding both science and society. The University does not regard students as ‘consumers of education’ but as individuals who accept an active role and responsibility in both their academic education and personal development.
Radboud University’s research contributes explicitly and conscientiously to expanding the limits of knowledge in the interests of society as a whole. Not only do research results contribute to international scientific debate and the increase of knowledge, they are also important for national and regional development. Radboud University has a good reputation for generating spin-offs.