Job Title: Product Development Engineer – NLP Engineer
EnglishHelper™ is seeking an exceptional NLP programmer to join our team to work on WritingAssistant™ – a revolutionary tool designed to help people improve their written English. The ideal candidate has a strong grasp of English and experience writing programs analyzing natural language and working with a learner corpus. She/he should be able to test, explain and document the work for others and work closely with a team.
The selected candidate’s job responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Improve the existing underlying linguistic analysis structure of the WritingAssistant™ engine using a rule-based approach.
- Expand the grammatical capabilities of the engine to improve product performance and user experience.
- Work with other members in the team to optimize the engine and its output. You can get a feel for the tool and its capabilities at: www.englishhelper.com/writingassistant
Skills and qualifications:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in natural language processing, computational linguistics, computer science, linguistics or other related field.
- Strong grasp of English grammar and style.
- Background in natural language processing or computational linguistics. The ideal candidate will have experience working in one or more of the following pertinent areas of NLP: anaphora resolution, named entity recognition, part-of-speech tagging, parsing, word sense disambiguation, and natural language understanding. Experience in information retrieval/extraction is also useful.
- Knowledge of English syntax and preferably another language.
- Programming skills:
Familiarity with Java programming a BIG PLUS.
Experience writing code for natural language processing tasks
- Experience working with English language learners or with ESL tools.
- Familiarity with multiple dialects of English.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Good analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
Native-like fluency in English.
About English Helper
EnglishHelper offers products and services to address the English language training needs of educational institutions and industries.