EnglishHelper™ (EH) is a global education company that offers innovative, technology-enabled solutions to improve English proficiency.
EnglishHelper™ is seeking to make a difference by helping people improve English skills as relevant to their context.
The company is committed to providing technology-enabled learning, in an affordable way, to large numbers of people across a range of user groups.
Customers of EH products and solutions include individuals, schools, companies, and training and skill building organisations. The unique research-based products of EH are powered by expertise in the areas of artificial intelligence and computational linguistics.
Job Title: Linguistic Programmer
EnglishHelper™ is seeking an English linguistics programmer to join our team to work on WritingAssistant™ – a revolutionary tool designed to help people improve their written English. The ideal candidate has a strong grasp of English and experience writing programs analyzing natural language and working with a learner corpus. She/he should be able to test, explain and document the work for others and work closely with a team.
The selected candidate’s job responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Expand the scope of the WritingAssistant™ error detection and correction capabilities by using real-world data to build the rule-based intelligence. This involves altering existing rules, building new rules, and optimizing existing structures.
- Work with other members in the team to improve product performance and user experience. You can get a feel for the tool and its capabilities at: www.englishhelper.com/writingassistant
Skills and qualifications:
- Min. 4 -5 years of work experience in related field
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in computational linguistics, computer science, linguistics or other related field.
- Experience writing code for linguistic tasks.
- Strong grasp of English grammar and style.
- Knowledge of English syntax and preferably another language.
- Experience working with English language learners or with ESL tools.
- Familiarity with the following pertinent NLP concepts: anaphora resolution, named entity recognition, part-of-speech tagging, parsing, word sense disambiguation, and natural language understanding.
- Familiarity with multiple dialects of English.
- Familiarity with Java programming.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Good analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.
Native-like fluency in English.
About English Helper
EnglishHelper offers products and services to address the English language training needs of educational institutions and industries.