The candidate will be engaged in a team of international professionals and involved in a project located at European Commission’s Joint Research Centre (JRC) in Ispra. The team combines both scientists and engineers to solve real world problems concerning text mining and analysis of multilingual data where there is a massive influx of data that needs to be analysed efficiently in near real time.
We are looking for a NLP Engineer with experience within any of the following sub domains:
- information extraction,
- document classification,
- document clustering and
- multi-document linking based on particular features.
- university degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- hands-on experience developing software in Java and/or other programming languages such as C/C++ and Python
- experience of using open source and proprietary NLP-related tools
- knowledge of efficient data structures and algorithms relevant in the context of processing massive amount of textual data
- knowledge of web technologies
- machine learning experience.
The following Will be considered advantageous:
- exposure to academic research or industry
- experience of converting the results of research into real-world applications
- knowledge of software design patterns
- experience of developing software for processing vast amount of textual data
- experience of developing web-based applications in a servlet container
- in-depth knowledge of machine-learning toolkits and underlying theories and algorithms.
We require a good level of English in a team that is multi-cultural.
We are looking for people who are also able to work: within a large team, collaborating with peers, that have a dynamic approach and can adapt quickly to changing needs.
Location: ISPRA (VA) – Italy.
With 35 years of experience in IT Business Consulting, FINCONS GROUP partners with clients to support business growth through innovation. The Group delivers tailored end-to-end software solutions to tier-1 clients in different industries: Media, Financial Services, Energy & Utilities, Manufacturing, Transportation and Public Administration. FINCONS GROUP has built its reputation on foreseeing and interpreting new business models and the rapid evolution of IT systems, building a complete range of services: from research and consulting to design and IT development, from system integration of leading software solutions vendors right up to application management, structuring the digital transformation of any size of businesses. High quality and competitiveness are further guaranteed by the Smart-shore IT Service strategy made available through the Delivery Center in Bari (Italy) which provides advanced application management and system building services along the entire digital supply chain. The Group has ongoing collaborations with businesses, public institutions, research centers and universities through its Innovation Lab. FINCONS GROUP has locations in Italy (Milan, Verona, Rome, Bari, Catania), in Switzerland (Lugano, Bern, Zurich), in the UK (London) and in the USA (Los Angeles, New York).