The Data Scientist will contribute to visualization, exploration, and development of new technology insights, product ideas, and game-changers that may hold the potential to add value to patients and Novo Nordisk in the future within therapeutic areas covered by Novo Nordisk corporate strategy.
The Data Scientist will apply scientific knowledge on data modeling, data analytics, predictive algorithms, and other data science principles to create concepts, develop prototypes, and generate insight from data. Analytical skills are needed to create state-of-the-art products that incorporate prediction, data mining, pattern recognition, and balance satisfying user needs with innovative technical solutions and business potential according to Novo Nordisk corporate strategy.
The Data Scientist will be part of a development team, and will contribute to the development of device solutions.
The Data Scientist reports to a Senior Project Manager. Internal relationships include R&D colleagues and Device R&D colleagues in Denmark. This includes peer development engineers as well as specialists in Device Innovation Support area. External relationships will include commercial collaboration partners, academia, colleagues at headquarters in Denmark, and NNRC Seattle drug researchers.
• Ensure relevant knowledge and skills are up-to-date, e.g. methods and tools within data mining, statistical methods, machine learning, big data analysis, predictive analytics, programming, and relevant hardware/software engineering.
• Contribute to team in the generation and maturing of relevant concepts, as well as to development and engineering of products. This could e.g. be within new injection devices or adherence monitoring technology.
• Contribute to team in making new, relevant inventions and ensure these are covered in new Novo Nordisk patent applications.
• Contribute to team in maturing and developing products through milestones A through C according to Device R&D project manual.
• Participate in networking with external collaboration partners.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Relevant technical education at B.Sc. level with 5+ years of experience from medical device industry or technology research companies, or M.Sc. level with 2+ years of experience.
• Deep knowledge of at least one relevant technical area. This could be within data science, hardware/software engineering, applied physics, bio-engineering, etc. Experience from development of medical devices would be an advantage.
• Basic knowledge of at least some processes related to medical device development.
• Experience with analytics tools such as SAS or R, and with analytics platforms such as AWS, Azure, or similar.
• Mathematical modeling for prediction, clustering and classification.
• Strong experience in developing sound analytics-based solutions to solve problems.
• Implementation or utilization of big data tools such as R, Hadoop, Impala, Hive, Pig, Spark, etc.
• Proficiency at querying relational databases and ability to build and maintain processes to pull and integrate data from various sources.
• Experience in experimental design.
• Ability to mine and analyze data to identify insights pertaining to health and disease management.
• Proactively develop new metrics and studies to identify means of improving patient care.
• Build and maintain processes to acquire, process and curate necessary data for analysis and insights.
• Translate analytic insights into real world solutions.
• Design methods to generate real-time predictive and descriptive analytics from large streaming datasets.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
• Ability to influence, communicate, and collaborate across the local organization.
• Ability to work independently as well as in teams. Included in this is the ability to network with external parties.
• Demonstrated ability to generate valuable and relevant ideas, create concepts based on ideas, and develop new products based on concepts.
• Expected to be experienced and skilled in ‘creative innovation type of work’ as e.g. the Stanford ‘Design Thinking’ approach to innovation.
• Approximately 10% overnight travel
Level of experience (years):
Senior (5+ years of experience)
How to apply:
Please mention NLP People as a source when applying
About Novo Nordisk
Novo Nordisk is a healthcare company and a world leader in diabetes care. In addition, Novo Nordisk has a leading position within areas