Job description/Person specification Based in London we are looking for security cleared professionals to work within a scaled Agile team developing a big data analytics ecosystem.
Experience working in a customer-facing role is desirable, with the ability to openly communicate, think creatively, collaborate, and influence when necessary.
The multi-disciplined Agile team contributes to the rapid cycle of sprints that include the customer within the team. The team solves a variety of data-centric problems and is based around developing software products, so experience of solving problems of a data-centric nature using the latest software technologies is desirable.
This role will definitely require the holder to hold a SC security clearance. The holder will also need to apply for a DV level of clearance, for which you will normally have had to have been a resident in the UK for a minimum of 5 years, regardless of nationality.
Overall Purpose of the Job
• Bring innovative thinking to the analysis of Big Data.
• Bring analytical rigour to the analysis of Big Data.
• Be a go-to expert (Subject Matter Expert) on particular techniques in the team, accessible to both team members and to the customers.
• Accountable to the Solution Architect team lead for the scientific and statistical basis of the products.
• Accountable to the customer and other stakeholders for engaging with them to understand their underlying problems, communicate technical concepts and demonstrate prototypes.
• Accountable for definition of cleansing and modelling techniques.
• Accountable to the team for being creative and finding opportunities to incorporate new ideas into the products.
• Maintaining focus on key customer challenges in a high pace, leading-edge environment.
• Maintaining situational awareness of state of the art in data science technologies in a fast-changing ecosystem.
• Defining techniques for cleansing and modelling complex data with subtle relationships – eliminating unwanted artefacts but not disturbing the underlying relationships.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
• Qualified to at least University Honours Degree or equivalent.
• Experienced in one or more data analysis techniques such as Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, statistical analysis, Artificial Intelligence.
• Experience of tools suitable for rapidly prototyping techniques such as Matlab, Python.
• Interested in emerging data analytics tools and techniques, with your finger on the pulse of what is happening in the world community.
• Experience of tools for analysing datasets such as R, Python, Hadoop/Spark.
• Experienced and knowledgeable in Open Source techniques for Big Data.
• Enthusiastic and willing to work flexibly to be part of a high-performing team.
• Ideally DV cleared, minimum is UK national with SC and willing to undergo government vetting to achieve DV.
• Excellent verbal and written technical English communications skills.
Desirable – Experience of some or all of the following:
• Experience of working in an Agile team.
• Experience of working in a consultancy role, focused on customer needs and requirements or equivalent engineering role with customer/stakeholder exposure and influence.
• More general systems engineering design and implementation processes
How to apply:
Please mention NLP People as a source when applying
Technology Services for Government