Apply principles of data science to analyze multi-structured data sets in order to provide new understandings of complex production and operating environments and development/implementation of an analytics frameworks/process roadmap. Leverage expertise in the application of machine learning techniques and analyze data to identify trends and support the development of operations-related analysis, including cluster analysis, Bayesian analysis, discriminant analysis, support vector machines, and other modes of machine learning.
• Work with a variety of software platforms to build and apply mathematical and statistical models that address multi-dimensional issues that have technical, organizational, and operational implications.
• Contribute to the development of new ideas and concepts and assist with the translation of these ideas into executable action plans, communicating said plans to a diverse client base across the public and private sectors.
• Work with cross-functional teams to engage clients, understand client’s challenges and issues, and develop strategic analytical products.
• Work across the entire development life cycle from requirements gathering, process and systems analysis and definition, and development of business and systems architecture, serve in a project leadership role or grow into project leadership responsibilities, and work collaboratively with cross functional teams.
• 5+ years of experience with oil & gas exploration and recovery processes, including drilling, completions, hydraulic fracturing, well logging, and production.
• 5+ years of experience with applying machine learning techniques to large, complex, and disparate data sources.
• Experience with data mining, machine learning, and statistical modeling.-Experience with various multivariate statistical methods, including clustering, Bayesian networks, neural networks, and graphical models.
• Experience with R or Python for analysis of data.
• Ability to cross-educate teams by deconstructing analysis, showing the process used to analyze data and how you arrived at a determined plan of action and recommendations, and offering training on specific tools.
• BA or BS degree.
• Effective team player who takes an active role in team responsibilities
• Strong time management skills.
• Ability to work with minimum of supervision.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task many activities at the same time
Advanced Experience Profile
• Experience with data visualization and commonly used tools, including Tibco Spotfire, D3, or Tableau.
• Experience with appropriate use of requisite analytics platforms (Python, R, etc.)
• Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills.
• MA or MS degree in a quantitative field preferred; PhD degree in a quantitative field a plus.
• Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a fulltime basis.
Level of experience (years):
Senior (5+ years of experience)
How to apply:
Please mention NLP People as a source when applying
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company — one of the largest in the U.S., based on market capitalization — and our OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer.
Oxy is an industry leader in applying advanced technology to boost production and access hard-to-recover reserves. With more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide, we are committed to being the employer, partner and neighbor of choice.
Oil and natural gas operations are the core of Oxy’s business. Our exploration and production activities are concentrated in three geographic regions: the United States, Middle East region and Latin America. In each of these regions, we focus on long-lived, “legacy” oil and gas assets with long-term production growth potential. Oxy is well-positioned for success in today’s dynamic and complex business environment.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl