• Keep the Veritas (Symantec) Systran and Microsoft Translator Hub MT engines up to date. Improve MT engine training automation. Investigate possibilities for automating the process, and perform research to expand the MT language coverage.
• Run regular analyses of production localization data. Improve analysis automation.
• Take part in the design and execution of MT productivity tests. Investigate options for running productivity tests under production conditions.
• Participate in Natural Language Technology research and implement new Natural Language technology and solutions as required.
• M.Sc. or M.A. in Computational Linguistics or Computing with a specialization in Natural Language Processing
• Familiarity with Microsoft Hub and Systran MT engines
• Strong working knowledge key programming languages related to NLTK
• Experience manipulating large corpora
• Ability to stay current with relevant technology trends and developments
Preferred qualifications and skills
• Knowledge of localization practices and tools
• Familiarity with NLTK, especially in the areas of statistical machine translation
• Experience working with relational databases
• Experience with research in the field of Computational Linguistics
How to apply:
Please mention NLP People as a source when applying
Symantec helps consumers and organizations secure and manage their information-driven world. Our software and services protect against more risks at more points, more completely and efficiently, enabling confidence wherever information is used or stored.
Symantec was founded in 1982 by visionary computer scientists. In that spirit, as technology changed so did Symantec. We are focused on providing security, storage and systems management solutions to help businesses and consumers secure and manage their information.