Are you passionate about the financial markets and excited by the prospect of creating customized solutions for the world’s leading financial professionals? If so, join our comprehensive training program for the Advanced Specialist team as part of the Analytics group, a key part of our Financial Products business.
Advanced Specialists are integral to the Bloomberg Help Desk, taking advanced questions from clients who use our state-of-the-art Bloomberg Terminal, also known as the Bloomberg Professional Service. The Advanced Specialists are responsible for having the highest level conversations with our customers either through real time chats, phone calls or face-to-face interactions. The team focuses on providing bespoke solutions in either Equities, Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Commodities. More importantly, their expertise expand to Niche areas of the business which include but is not limited to Portfolios and programming.
What’s Financial Products all about?
The Financial Products team provides analysis and data to Bloomberg clients. We deliver the company’s core product, the legendary Bloomberg Professional Service, reaching more than 320,000 subscribers and millions of business professionals.
What we do as Advanced Specialists?
Advanced Specialists work very closely with Sales and Analytics as partners to provide value-added business solutions to our customers through the Bloomberg Professional service.
– Consulting with clients in real time to provide them with answers to the most in-depth questions received by the help desk
– Creating content, delivering and coordinating the training to our employees within the Sales and Analytics teams
– Mentoring high performing individuals from the analytics department
– Works closely with the Analytics management team to improve operational efficiencies within the department
– Collecting and acting upon client feedback on product to drive development
– Advanced specialists have expert product knowledge where each individual has a particular niche where they excel. Sales will leverage your diverse skills to showcase our customer services ability to go above and beyond standard expectations
What to expect from your full-time opportunity
You will start off your career within the Analytics department. In the beginning you will be required to go through a comprehensive training program designed to develop your cross asset and product knowledge so that you are prepared to take questions from clients on the Bloomberg Help Desk. Through daily interactions with key players in the financial industry, you will further enhance your skills in managing client relationships and problem solving. Upon successfully achieving your specialization, you will embark on your Advanced Specialist training path which will include more in-depth training as well as a rigorous self development plan to further acquire niche knowledge in preparation for the expectations of the role.
What we look for:
– Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience required (or regional equiv)
– Business fluency in a second language preferred (As needed regionally)
– Strong interest in financial markets and understanding of Bloomberg’s position within it
– Experience in and enthusiasm for customer service
– Interest in technology and software solutions is desirable
– Multi-tasking and ability to work well under pressure
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Desire and flexibility to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
– Team player
– Very Strong desire and ability to learn new theory and functionality
– Proven experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
– Experience in speaking in front of larger audiences
– Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
– Prior experience with use of the Bloomberg Terminal is a plus
How to apply:
Please mention NLP People as a source when applying
About Bloomberg LP
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company’s strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 320,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg’s enterprise solutions build on the company’s core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and two magazines, Bloomberg Bu