The role of the Analytic Linguistic Project Manager is to consult with Natural Language Understanding Researchers on creating guidelines and setting standards for a variety of NLP projects as well as to manage the work of a team of junior linguists to achieve high quality data output.
– Training, managing and overseeing the work of a team of junior linguists
– Creating guidelines for semantic, syntactic and morphological projects
– Evaluating and analyzing data quality
– Consulting with researchers and engineers on the development of linguistic databases
– Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts; should have an interest in natural language processing
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Good organizational skills
– Previous project management and people management experience
– Some programming language or previous experience working in a Linux environment are a plus
Language requirements: Native-level speaker of Brazilian Portuguese and fluent in English
Specific requirements: Project duration: 9-12 months (with potential for extension). This is not a permanent position but a contract position.
Educational level: Ph.D in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics with experience in semantics, syntax, morphology or lexicography
Linguistic Field(s): Morphology, Semantics, Syntax, Lexicography, NLP
Project duration: 9-12 months (with potential for extension). This is not a permanent position but a contract position.
How to apply:
Please mention NLP People as a source when applying
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and cover letter in English (PDF format preferred) with Analytical Linguistic Project Manager [Brazilian Portuguese] in the subject line. Please do not change the subject.
Appen is a language technology solutions and consulting firm, recognized as a global leader in the quality, range and caliber of its expertise. We are focused on helping our clients reach international markets by leveraging our expertise in over 140 languages and dialects. Our clients are among the world’s top internet search engine and voice recognition providers. For more information come see us at http://www.appen.com.
Interested in working with Appen? Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox: http://ow.ly/vP1rc