The role of the Analytic Linguistic Project Manager is to consult with Natural Language Understanding Researchers on creating guidelines and setting standards for a variety of NLP projects as well as to manage the work of a team of junior linguists to achieve high quality data output.
– Training, managing and overseeing the work of a team of junior linguists
– Creating guidelines for semantic, syntactic and morphological projects
– Evaluating and analyzing data quality
– Consulting with researchers and engineers on the development of linguistic databases
– Master’s degree or higher in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics, specializing in semantics, syntax, morphology or lexicography
– Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts; should have an interest in natural language processing
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Good organizational skills
– Previous project management and people management experience preferred
– Some programming language or previous experience working in a Linux environment a plus Specific requirements: Educational level: Master’s Degree
Language requirements: Native-level speaker of Vietnamese and fluent in English
Project duration: 6-24 months (with potential for extension) This is not a permanent position but a full-time contract position at 40 hours per week. The successful candidate will commute to the office in Bangkok, Thailand. Relocation or transport expenses will not be covered.
Google’s mission is to organize the world‘s information and make it universally accessible and useful.
Since our founding in 1998, Google has grown by leaps and bounds. From offering search in a single language we now offer dozens of products and services—including various forms of advertising and web applications for all kinds of tasks—in scores of languages. And starting from two computer science students in a university dorm room, we now have thousands of employees and offices around the world. A lot has changed since the first Google search engine appeared. But some things haven’t changed: our dedication to our users and our belief in the possibilities of the Internet itself.