A9.com, an Amazon company, creates powerful, customer-focused search and advertising solutions and technologies. Whenever a customer visits an Amazon site worldwide and types in a query A9 Search services go to work. We design, develop, and deploy high performance, fault-tolerant distributed search systems used by millions of Amazon customers every day.
As a Software Engineer – Machine Learning, Search, Query processing you will:
• Drive customer facing improvements for the most engaged search features on Amazon.com: inline search suggestions, related searches, and spelling correction
• Design, develop, and support a world-class service serving hundreds of millions of daily requests
• Propose improvements to the customer experience, implement them, and run A/B experiments to measure the impact
• Invent, design, propose, implement, and test scalable data-driven algorithm
You Are Going To Love This Job Because You Will:
• Develop user-impacting software that directly affects the shopping experience of hundreds of millions of customers globally on Amazon.com
• Work across multiple systems in order to create a cohesive end user experience
• Work alongside some of the most influential leaders in the information retrieval/search arena in a collegial and fun environment
• Solve challenging problems and leverage Amazon’s vast technical resources
• Work in a dynamic team that provides continuous opportunities for learning and growth
At A9, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world’s leading Internet companies. We provide a highly customer-centric, team-oriented environment in our offices located in Palo Alto, California.
• Masters in Computer Science or related field with 3 or more years of industry experience in software development
• At least 3 years of development experience in Java, Python, C++, or other object oriented language
• At least 2 years of experience implementing data driven software algorithms (e.g. Information Retrieval, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing)
• A strong desire to improve the end-customer experience
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
Apply here: http://app.jobvite.com/m?3C4NFhwU
A9.com, an Amazon company, solves some of the biggest challenges in search and advertising. We focus on helping people find the things they want.
Our technologies power all of the search platforms on Amazon.com, from the search engine to the visual search technology behind Firefly and the AWS CloudSearch service.
A9 advertising drives the publisher products for Amazon’s ad programs. Our Ad Platform handles billions of queries and supports the web’s largest publishers as well as the smallest independent mobile developers.
Our team is an eclectic group of amazingly talented, highly motivated and remarkably smart people. Team members who are just starting their careers collaborate with PhDs and industry veterans who have expertise in a wide range of disciplines. We’re all intent on solving some of the most complex computing problems to be found in industry and academia, and we get to test our solutions in the real world.
Almost half of A9 is based in Palo Alto, California, with additional locat