We are looking for a German-native linguist, more details below:
Organization: Nuance Communications, Inc.
Position title: Voice Builder
Position type: Fulltime, Temporary (one year), Preferred start date: 1st of
November 2017 (open until filled)
Project duration: One year. This is not a permanent position but a
full-time contract position.
Location: Merelbeke, Belgium
Required Language: German
Job Rank: Junior (Entry Level)
Major duties and responsibilities:
– Assisting voice builders in the development of German Text-To-Speech
(TTS) voices, mainly supporting on speech data validation.
– Perform text selection for recordings with female German TTS voice;
proofreading, correction and modification of selected text in German
– Perform phonetic validation of speech data i.e. listen to voice
recordings and check if orthography, phonetic transcriptions and prosodic
labels are correct and match the audio signals.
– Perform segmentation validation i.e. check if phoneme boundaries are well
aligned to the audio signal.
– Perform synthesis evaluation i.e. listen and evaluate synthesis generated
with German text-to-speech voices.
– Participate in the effort of tuning the TTS voices.
– Testing the product release
– Good level of English
– Thorough understanding of phonological and phonetic concepts
– Very good listening skills
– Strong computer skills in a Windows environment and greater than average
comfort with software
– Strong sense of precision and quality in the daily job
– Ability to work independently as well as in a team
– Good problem solving, analytic and troubleshooting skills
– Experience with correcting phonetic transcriptions for speech technology
– Familiarity with development of language assets of text-to-speech
– Familiarity with machine learning techniques
– Candidates need to have studied German at an advanced university level
(MSc degree in phonetics, computational linguistics or another relevant
Required Language: German
About Nuance Communications
At Nuance, we are reinventing the relationship between man and technology.
We believe in the power of intelligent systems and what that power can do for you. Together, our innovations in voice, natural language understanding, reasoning and systems integration create more human technology – technology that adapts to you instead of you having to adapt to it. We power flagship devices and solutions from the likes of Samsung, will.i.am, Ford, and Domino’s. With nearly 20 billion cloud transactions last year alone, chances are you’ve already experienced our technology –at work, in the car, on your phone, or at the doctor’s office. See how Nuance technology is transforming your daily life.