Two research positions (PhD or postdoc) in:
– Computational Humanities,
– Natural Language Processing,
– Computational Literary Studies or
– Visual Computing
Renumeration is according to the German TV-L E13 pay scale. The positions are full time (currently 39,80 hours per week) but part-time is in principle also possible. The contract will initially be for 2 years.
The Institute for Digital Humanities was founded in 2018 with the aim of carrying out original interdisciplinary research in the areas “text and language” and “image and object” and at their intersection. The institute brings together researchers from Computer Science and the Humanities who collaborate closely on a variety of innovative interdisciplinary projects.
Göttingen University is a research-oriented university in the centre of Germany and offers an international and highly interdisciplinary working environment with motivated colleagues and many possibilities for collaboration.
– development, implementation, evaluation and publication of novel algorithms for analysing language, text, image or object data
– compilation of mono- or multi-modal text or image corpora
– teaching (currently 4 hours per week during term time)
– interdisciplinary collaboration, especially also with colleagues from the Humanities and Social Sciences
– organisation of events, such as talks and workshops
– MSc/MA or Phd in an area of (Applied) Computer Science, such as Data Science, Computational Linguistics or a comparable area
– familiarity with algorithms for analysing language, text, image or object data
– experience with statistical models and machine learning methods
– programming experience and excellent knowledge of at least one programming language (e.g., Java or Python)
– excellent English language skills
– independence, reliability, ability to learn quickly and good communications skills
– willingness to work interdisciplinary
Knowledge of German and experience with one or more of the following areas would be an advantage: Data Science, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, Pattern Matching, Information Retrieval, Text Mining, Image Processing and Analysis, Visual Computing, 3D Modelling, Knowledge Representation.