We are currently looking for a research engineer with experience in natural language processing (NLP) and/or machine learning (ML) to join Textkernel’s Research & Development team. You will contribute to our machine learning framework and improve the parsing models that power our main products: Extract! (CV and job parsing), Jobfeed (job mining) and Match! (matching people and jobs).
Products you’ll be working on
Our Extract! product processes millions of CVs and jobs every month – both as a SaaS solution and as an on-premise installation. It covers 17 languages and is engineered to deal with the diversity of candidate profiles and job ads. Jobfeed, our big data labor market tool, enables our clients from the HR and recruitment world to generate leads and develop their business. Match! helps recruiters find the best candidates for a job and vice-versa.
You will work on finding practical solutions to challenging, open-ended problems related to information extraction and data mining (e.g. tens of millions of job ads). You will be involved in the entire process of building a parsing model: applying (semi) supervised machine learning techniques, adding domain specific rules and additional knowledge sources, fine tuning the accuracy and performance, testing and maintaining quality. You will contribute to and extend our in-house machine learning framework. As an Agile advocate, you will take an active part in our code reviews and collaborate on design and implementation. Senior candidates will be involved in supervising and guiding our R&D projects (sample project).
Who you are
- You have excellent programming skills in both scripting and object oriented languages (e.g. Python, Java, C++, Perl)
- You hold at least a Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Computational Linguistics or a related field
- You are familiar with classical machine learning algorithms for classification (e.g. k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM) and sequence labeling (e.g. HMM, CRF)
- Experience with recent developments in Deep Learning is a plus
- You possess a hands-on mindset, and are ready to design and implement new ideas
Additional requirements for senior candidates:
- PhD in a NLP/ML field or at least 5 years of industry experience
- Strong publication record or a proven track record of having a strong impact on commercial NLP/ML products
What we offer
- A motivated and driven international team with over 25 nationalities
- Opportunity to have a big impact on our products and processes
- Yearly participation in major scientific conferences
- Yearly week-long innovation week
- Further learning opportunities through: meetups, courses, and reading groups
- Flexible working hours
- Free lunches, snacks and drinks – whatever you fancy, our kitchen has it all!
- Monthly chair massages & Friday demos with chilled drinks
We are a fast growing company developing cutting edge technologies based on NLP, AI, semantics and machine learning in a no-nonsense, informal and professional working environment. Innovation is at the heart of what we do. We pride ourselves on providing recruitment and HR professionals around the world with solutions that radically improve and accelerate the connection between employers and candidates.
We are small enough to make you matter, but big enough to have a very recognisable impact on the market supported by solid infrastructure.
If you are like us, passionate about intelligent machines, advanced computing and R&D, we have the right opportunity for you!