Raytheon BBN Technologies (BBN) is the research company behind many of the revolutionary advances that we take for granted today. BBN is where email was invented and the first routers were implemented. Today, BBN’s scientists and engineers are working on tomorrow’s technologies in information technology, planning systems, autonomous systems, machine language translation, quantum computing, and many more. BBN offers an exciting, collaborative environment with the opportunity to contribute to revolutionary research that solves important problems. Career growth is encouraged through support for on-site training, mentoring, tuition reimbursement, publications and participation in leading research conferences. BBN offers industry-leading benefits including a generous 401K matching plan, retirement contributions, flexible work schedules, and performance based bonuses.
BBN’s Information and Knowledge Technologies Business Unit is looking for a creative, talented Technical Lead/Senior Scientist to join our team. Qualified candidates should possess a wide range of expertise in software engineering and development and must have a strong desire to develop advanced solutions to complex, cutting-edge problems of national relevance that range from basic research to deployable solutions. You will be expected to lead new business development efforts for the business unit by writing proposals and making presentations to prospective customers, as well as to perform as principal investigator on projects. These projects may be sponsored by the Department of Defense, other Federal Government agencies or various commercial organizations. Successful candidates will have a track record of leading successful BD efforts from concept to close, acting as principal investigator on DoD sponsored R&D projects, and selling advanced technologies.
* Lead and execute technical R&D projects;
* Identify, develop, and market new business opportunities;
* Coordinate and develop capture strategies and allocate funds targeted for new business development;
* Coordinate proposal activity interacting with other senior executives and program staff on bid/no bid decisions;
* Ensure execution of marketing and new business development plans;
* Act as a key liaison with government agencies and officials.
* Mentor junior staff in technical expertise and task leadership.
Raytheon BBN Technologies
Minimum Education and Experience:
* BS, MD, or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
* 6+ years relevant work experience.
* Proven track record of successfully developing business within the DoD.
* Experience contributing to the leadership, development and expansion of a contract R&D organization or business unit.
* Experience with government procurement and proposal processes.
* Excellent communication, negotiation, and leadership skills.
* Ability to lead and work with a diverse group of technologists.
* Active Secret clearance is highly desirable.
Level of experience (years):
Senior (5+ years of experience)
How to apply:
Please mention NLP People as a source when applying
About BBN Technologies
Raytheon BBN Technologies is a legendary R&D organization that leverages its substantial intellectual property portfolio to produce advanced, repeatable solutions such as the Boomerang shooter detection system. With expertise spanning information security, speech and language processing, networking, distributed systems, and sensing and control systems, BBN scientists and engineers have amassed a substantial collection of innovations and patented solutions. BBN now employs over 700 people in seven locations in the US: Cambridge, Massachusetts (headquarters); Arlington, Virginia; Columbia, Maryland; Middletown, Rhode Island; San Diego, California; St. Louis Park, Minnesota; and O'Fallon, Illinois. For more information, visit www.bbn.com.