Rate: £500 per day
Duration: 3 months
The Solution Architect role will work within the Content Enrichment and Analytics domain of the Content and Data Technology division. The role will be responsible for:
As a Solution Architect:
– Demonstrate the ability to analyse and model complex multi-dimensional problems and get to the core of the issue.
– Lead the solution investigation, options evaluation and recommended architecture definition across multiple projects.
– Deliver high quality, strategically aligned architectures, in accordance with established governance processes
– Experience of architecting cloud-hosted solutions, utilising a range of infrastructure types and service offerings.
– Engage senior management stakeholders, across IT and business groups, to explain architectures using appropriate language.
– Advise and mentor delivery teams as required, sharing architectural vision and demonstrating solution leadership.
As the Solution Architect for the Content Enrichment and Analytics domain:
– Proven track-record of successful content and data-driven enrichment and analytics projects, including architectural approaches, key decisions taken and resulting outcomes.
– Proven expertise in current and emerging commodity machine learning, content management, enrichment and analytics techniques.
– Experience of (structured and unstructured) enrichment and processing pipelines, from architecture and design patterns to implementation strategies and technologies.
– Experience of heterogeneous data analysis and processing design, including architectural strategies to support scalable high-volume stream and batch models.
– Experience of natural language processing solutions, from structuring and indexing to semantic extraction.
– Experience of data analytics platforms and strategies to support the discovery and scaling of analytical data models and algorithms up-to enterprise volume in production environments.
– Be the technical expert for the Content Enrichment and Analytics domain, collaborating with peers across the Content and Data Technology division and the (enterprise) Architecture & Labs group as a whole.
• Proven ability in developing high quality architectures that deliver measurable business benefit.
• Practical and pragmatic approach – willing to get ‘hands on’ to deliver what is needed.
• Experience of managing commitments to support multiple large projects simultaneously.
• Excellent communication skills – used to communicating with senior business users/C-level executives.
• Able to work with minimal supervision and lead a small team.
• Experience of one or more architecture frameworks, such as Zachman or TOGAF.
• Typically possesses 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a relevant field of work or equivalent work experience.
• Experience in a multi-disciplined IT environment with strong background in solution development, design and architecture.
• Experience of working with both waterfall and agile project development methodologies.
• Experience of working within a large multinational IT department, communicating with and coordinating the work of teams in different countries and timezones.