How does Amazon know what to sell? How do we know what customers want? How do we create the largest store in the world?
The New Selection Identification team is responsible for building the world’s largest product selection. Join us to explore the universe of products and learn latent information in product data (text and images) using Machine/Deep learning while scaling to enormous datasets (10+ billion products). We capture our learnings in robust algorithms that run on highly scalable systems to process 5 billion products everyday. Together we will delight our customers by discovering products not already sold on Amazon.
A senior software developer in the New Selection Identification team is an excellent problem solver and is expected to design and build solutions to match products and forecast demand at high precision, recall, and throughput. Our projects involve developing machine/deep learnt algorithms (unsupervised/supervised, NLP, image embeddings) and platforms to work with structured and unstructured content such as text and images at massive scale. You are expected to take ownership, dive deep and drive solutions from developing prototypes, design to coding, testing and deployment. The role demands innovation and expects you to push the boundaries.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Math with advanced degrees preferred
· 8+ years of relevant industry experience
· Experience building large scale information retrieval/data learning solutions that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Excellent problem solving skills demonstrated in building and delivering solutions to customers
· Experience with Spark or MapReduce
· Proficient in an OO language, such as Scala or Java or Python or C#
· A deep understanding of software development life cycle and a good track record of shipping software on time
· Delivered solutions that have had impact on multiple teams and / or at the organization level
· Master’s degree and/or PhD preferred in mathematics, computer science, or related discipline
· Expertise with data science, machine/deep learning algorithms, natural language processing and statistical Modeling.
· Experience designing and implementing information retrieval and web mining systems.
· Technical expertise and hands-on experience in building cloud-scale distributed architecture.
· Solid programming and design skills in Object oriented language.
· Advanced knowledge of data structures and at ease in optimizing algorithms.
· Knowledge of Linux/Unix.
Level of experience (years):
Senior (5+ years of experience)
How to apply:
Please mention NLP People as a source when applying
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Founded by Jeff Bezos, the Amazon.com website started in 1995 as a place to buy books because of the unique customer experience the Web could offer book lovers. Bezos believed that only the Internet could offer customers the convenience of browsing a selection of millions of book titles in a single sitting. During the first 30 days of business, Amazon fulfilled orders for customers in 50 states and 45 countries - all shipped from his Seattle-area garage.
Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improv