We are looking for an exceptional Computational Linguist to expand our multilingual text analysis capabilities.
As part of our team, you will help optimise the multilingual processing capability of Sintelix by drawing on your previous experience of programming in C++ or Java to analyze data, manipulate multilingual text collections, and use NLP (Natural Language Processing) frameworks and libraries.
This new position would suit someone who:
- Is a good researcher in computational linguistics with a meticulous eye for detail and an appreciation of a wide variety of algorithms and techniques;
- Has exceptional problem solving skills and a determination to clearly understand the issues by talking things through with the colleagues;
- Has the ability to strategise projects, prioritise activities and manage risk;
- Has the ability to create production quality code in C++ or Java;
- Is capable of working across multiple languages;
- Is highly organised and able to learn and constantly improve.
Qualities and experience:
- PhD. in Computational Linguistics, Language Technology, or a relevant field;
- Experience with designing and coding large scale optimisations, for example:
- Deep Learning
- Word embedding
- Max Ent
- Preferably, experience in multilingual entity extraction (which will be the technical area of the first project);
- Expert software engineering skills in Java (preferably) or C/C++;
- Proven ability to develop algorithms and solutions to taxing computational linguistic problems.
- Knowledge of evaluation methodologies, metrics and mathematics used in computational linguistics and optimization;
- Worked with multiple languages (but native skills in English);
- Quality standards of the highest order with a natural eye for detail.
- Meticulous in planning and performance.
- The ability to work quickly and effectively to hit deadlines when required.
Any of the following skills would be a bonus:
- Experience in developing text analytics for multilingual data, preferably Middle Eastern languages.
- Second language (ideally, Persian, Arabic, Russian)
- Knowledge of web technologies (e.g. HTML, XML, CSS)
- Understanding of software quality assurance testing
- Experienced with Agile/Scrum practices and principles
- Familiarity with software development environments and practices.
- Police and/or security clearance from a recognized Australian Agency
Interested in applying
The role offers a generous package including bonuses and relocation assistance if required. If you would like to explore your potential and work with experienced and gifted developers in an expanding company, please contact Mitchell Hodgkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a current CV and letter of introduction. You may be asked to perform some online testing as part of the recruitment process and your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
What we do
We help governments, intelligence agencies and corporations find solutions to their data and analysis problems. Our software is delivered worldwide via our partnership with IBM.
Our flagship software product is an advanced text analytics engine and is currently one of the fastest, most accurate and highly configurable unstructured data processing systems on the market. The company is entering a period of rapid sales growth at well above 100% a year.
Working at Sintelix
At Sintelix, our goal is to create a space where people can openly collaborate and find the best ways to make things better. We care about providing great products and service to our clients, and focus on producing engineering solutions that are elegant, simple and that work.
Here we try to learn from each other, and we celebrate each other’s development and contributions. We offer flexible working hours and a bonus system built around sharing the company’s revenue and project performance.