Our client is building intelligent software to help fortune 500 companies comply with privacy regulations related to their customers’, vendors’ and employees’ personal information.As a backend engineer, the candidate they bring on board will be part of an extremely talented engineering team responsible for building the backend software that powers their software. The software needs to be capable of analyzing petabytes of information and returning extremely cogent business insights.They are looking to add a talented Sr. Natural Language Processing Engineer to their team.
● Work closely with product managers, solution architects and immediate team to effectively develop the products backend.
● Assist in the development of standards, procedures and guidelines to improve the software’s development process.
● Develop highly scalable application infrastructure that powers data collection and processing services.
● Mentor and help to develop junior talent.Requirements
● Design and implement scalable NLP (Natural Language Processing) algorithms to process massive unstructured data
● Design and implement scalable NER (Named Entity Recognition) algorithms for entity extraction
● Develop new NLP and NER algorithms
● Experience building multi language NLP/NER applications
● Excellent knowledge of Java programming language concepts, JEE and SQL
● Extensive experience in Java technology frameworks including: Spring, Junit
● Experience building unstructured data processing applications.
● Strong experience in data migration, transformation, and processing in different formats and languages
● Experience with designing and developing products and microservices based, linearly scalable applications.
● Strong collaborator and experienced working in dynamic teams working by SCRUM methodology.
● Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
● Expertise in distributed computing applications
Staffing Technologies (Rec.)
● 6+ years of software engineering experience with Java
● 2+ years of experience building robust NLP and NER systems from scratch to scale
● 3+ years of work with unix/linux
● Implementation Machine and Statistical Learning techniques such as Entity Extraction and Linking, Semantic Parsing
● Experience building Deep Learning techniques to solve NLP and NER challenges
● Experience building multi language NLP and NER techniques
● Experience with tools for text processing tools such as Mahout, OpenNLP, CoreNLP, Lingpipe, Mallet, etc.
● 3+ years of hands on experience of building large scale unstructured processing systems
● Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent experience
● Strong written and oral communication skills
● Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
● Must be a quick learner and self-motivated
6 month contract to hire
No H1B candidates please
Level of experience (years):
Senior (5+ years of experience)
How to apply:
Please mention NLP People as a source when applying