Currently we are looking for a Senior Knowledge Engineer who is a technical expert with strong knowledge in the structure of language and its application to computers systems. The ideal candidate is commercially aware and has the ability to visualize articulated processes and solve complex problems.
The Senior Knowledge Engineer become an expert with Artificial Solutions® Teneo® natural language technology platform and will provide consulting services to customers, prospects and external partners in order they can develop highly advanced artifacts to exceed stated requirements.
This role will be focused on mentoring, designing, developing and maintaining natural language-based solutions in domains including artificial intelligence, machine learning, personalization, expert functions plus database and language processing systems.
The Senior Knowledge Engineer will be directly involved in projects from the sales cycle, through initial plan, design, development and maintenance phases where in addition to your natural language abilities there will be a requirement for scoping, estimation, planning, time-management and commercial skills all leading to enhanced customer satisfaction. A proactive approach and the ability to work within an agile framework are essential ingredients.
Reporting into the Director of Professional Services in the US, the Senior Knowledge Engineer will be working on a wide range of projects within in a team of Knowledge Engineers, Project Managers and Technical Consultants.
The position will focus upon:
- Working with Project Managers, Knowledge Engineers and Technical Consultants in customer, prospect and partner workshops to develop highly advanced natural language capabilities.
- Using its native language skills including the full range of syntax and semantic aspects to build natural language artefacts and solutions.
- Designing, building, and testing natural language artefacts and solutions based upon customer, prospect and partner requirements encompassed in technical specifications.
- Utilizing several technical skills to enhance natural language capabilities through integrations, interfaces and additional coding.
- Analyzing session log files to assess artifact and solution capabilities and to determine relevant development options.
- Also, working with colleagues, demonstrating clear and empirical evidence regarding the value to customers, prospects and partners of our natural language technology.
- Lead cross-functional delivery teams to deliver impactful business outcomes.
- Actively participating in pre-sales/sales and working alongside the project manager in preparation of proposal (SOW), project scoping & estimation, proposal creation and contract preparations
- Masters’ in General Linguistics, Applied Linguistic, Language Technologies or similar.
- Degree in Computational Linguistics is an important plus.
- (PhD a plus)
Linguistics and computational linguistics knowledge and skills:
- Practical knowledge of formal syntax, formal semantics, corpus analysis, dialogue management.
- Strong understanding of morphology, lexicology, phonetics, pragmatics, automated speech analysis and synthesis.
- A minimum of two – three years’ relevant industry experience in a customer-facing role.
- Solid understanding of statistics (preferably in applied natural language analysis), mathematics, machine-learning, machine translation, computer-aided language learning (in combination with language studies will be an important plus).
- Experience with some standard NLP toolkits, such as NLTK, Stanford CoreNLP, or Spacey
- A high level of proficiency with SQL and object oriented languages like Java, Groovy, Python, R, Ruby
- Disciplines in Natural Language Processing, Conceptual Modelling, Machine Learning, Statistical Analysis, Predictive Modelling
- English: Fluent both in written and spoken
- Others: Are a plus at basic, intermediate, advanced or fluent level.
- Strong logical and analytical skills, being able to deal with complex and abstract concepts and data driven
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems to identify the root cause
- Passionate, highly motivated and self-starting able to think creatively and strategically, with a focus on delivering results.
- Confident to rapidly prototype and simulate ideas.
- Proven customer facing skills and ability to interact and communicate effectively with stakeholders at different levels
- Capability for identifying needs and business value solutions for the clients
- Professional attitude, detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to work well both alone and within a larger team
- Flexible and open-minded, pragmatic and proactive approach
- Ability to work in multi-functional teams
- Ability to combine multiple task and projects
What do we offer for you?
- Opportunity to work on disruptive technology and fast growing market
- Challenging multilingual and international projects
- Multicultural team of +30 nationalities
- Outgoing and flexible work environment along with a healthy work-life balance
- Competitive salary package
About Artificial Solutions
Artificial Solutions® is the leading specialist in Natural Language Interaction (NLI), a form of Artificial Intelligence that allows people to converse with applications and electronic devices in free-format, natural language, using speech, text, touch or gesture. Delivered through Teneo® – an ultra-rapid NLI development and analytics platform – it allows business users and developers to collaborate on creating sophisticated, humanlike natural language applications in record time without the need for specialist linguistic skills.