What you will do:
– Design and develop state of the art algorithms in one of these domains: Ranking, Natural Language Processing or Computer Vision;
– Conduct practical research with a scientific mindset, and a focus on delivery;
Build large scale data pipelines;
– Work closely with the engineering team to integrate ML algorithms into the platform;
– Help in the design of new features in the product, and drive innovation inside the company through the use of disruptive technologies.
– Knowledge in one of the following subjects:
– Word Embeddings (e.g., GloVe, Word2Vec), Named Entity Recognition models;
– Information Retrieval, Learning to Rank (e.g., RankNet, ListNet), algorithm performance metrics (e.g., NDCG);
– Convolutional Neural Networks (e.g., InceptionV3, RetinaNet), Image Segmentation (e.g., SLIC, Saliency Maps, SuperVoxel), AutoEncoders, GANs;
– Fluent in Python and common numerical and Math & ML packages (NumPy, SciPy, sci-kit-learn, pandas, Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch). R candidates are also encouraged to apply;
– Experience dealing with large amounts of data and building data pipelines;
– Knowledge of big data technologies is a plus (Hadoop, Spark, Hive);
– Non-relational databases (e.g., Cassandra) and streaming platforms know-how (e.g., Kafka) is a plus;
– Scientific and technical publications are possible and encouraged; Applicant should be interested to keep up to date with scientific advancements.
– Strong English skills, both written and spoken;
Farfetch brings together independent fashion boutiques to provide a wide selection of elegant brands and styles.