IBM Research – Ireland is accepting applications for full-time researchers in the area of natural language processing.
The ideal candidate will have a PhD degree in computational linguistics or in computer science with a specialisation in Natural Language Processing (NLP).
Prior experience in the area of text analytics in particular information extraction, information retrieval and machine learning are highly desirable.
Strong programming skills in Java are required.
The successful research candidate must have demonstrated ability to define research plans, carry out leading research, and publish research results through professional journals, academic conferences, and patents.
As a researcher you will be expected to organize challenging problems, develop new solutions, and work with business & development teams to ensure these solutions have a significant impact.
We are an R&D organization that works closely with city authorities, universities, and small/large businesses to advance science & technology.
Our group is especially focused on contributing to cognitive domains such as data mining and machine learning ; natural language processing ; decision science ; artificial intelligence ; knowledge & data engineering; recommender systems.
• A stimulating, cross-disciplinary environment in a leading research organization,
• Opportunities for a unique combination of scientific and industrial research into real-world problems
• Excellent ties to academic and industrial research labs worldwide
• Up-to-date infrastructure and resources
• The ability to take part in large-scale international research projects
• PhD Degree in computational linguistics or computer science.
• At least 5 years experience in the areas of information extraction and machine learning.
• Strong publication record in top-tier research conferences and journals.
• At least 3 years experience in programming in Java.
• Hands-on experience with
text/big data analysis/management tools such as Lucene, Nutch, Hadoop, Mahout, Tika etc.
NLP libraries, such as Mallet, Stanford NLP
Java/Python Machine learning libraries, such as Tensorflow, Keras, Torch, DL4J, Spark/PySpark, Weka etc.
• Experience in one of the following domains: anaphora resolution, textual entailment, sentiment analysis/opinion mining, argument mining.
• Strong software engineering skills.
• Experience with healthcare corpora, in particular with PubMed, is a plus.
• English: Fluent
Level of experience (years):
Senior (5+ years of experience)
How to apply:
Please mention NLP People as a source when applying
IBM is a global technology and innovation company headquartered in Armonk, NY. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 400,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. IBM offers a wide range of technology and consulting services; a broad portfolio of middleware for collaboration, predictive analytics, software development and systems management; and the world's most advanced servers and supercomputers. Utilizing its business consulting, technology and R&D expertise, IBM helps clients become "smarter" as the planet becomes more digitally interconnected. IBM invests more than $6 billion a year in R&D, just completing its 21st year of patent leadership. IBM Research has received recognition beyond any commercial technology research organization and is home to 5 Nobel Laureates, 9 US National Medals of Technology, 5 US National Medals of Science, 6 Turing Awards, and 10 Inductees in US Inventors Hall of Fame. The company was behind the inventions of the PC; SABRE tra