* Full time – 2-years Fixed term/Contract
* $94,671 to $112,424 + 17% super, flexible working arrangements on offer.
* Convenient Central City Location in Melbourne, One of The World’s Most Liveable Cities
* Fixed Term Contract, 2 Years
* Competitive Salary + 17% Super + Flexible Working Arrangements Available
This is an exciting opportunity for a Research Fellow to work within the research team from RMIT, with Dr. Flora Salim and Dr. Yongli Ren, in collaboration with Prof Cecilia Mascolo from University of Cambridge and Prof Charlie Clarke from University of Waterloo, on the Australian Research Council Discovery project “Multi-resolution Situation Recognition for Urban-Aware Smart Assistant”. This project will develop a new situation recognition and recommender systems framework that is resilient to deviations and disruptions.
The position will be embedded in the Context Recognition and Urban Intelligence (CRUISE) group, part of the RMIT Centre for Information Discovery and Data Analytics (CIDDA).
RMIT supports you with a range of financial and non-financial benefits. We recognise the diverse needs of our staff, so regardless of your situation, the range of staff benefits on offer provides something for everyone.
* Additional annual leave
* Flexible working arrangements
* Be part of RMIT’s academic life and attend various events and workshops
* Access to RMIT staff gym
* 2% salary increase each year and annual leave loading of 17.5%
* MYKI pass discount
To learn more:
Watch this video: https://youtu.be/288Fu2ctwqk
You will have:
* Emerging track record for high quality research outputs which will contribute to existing Discipline and School research areas
* Demonstrated experience in the following areas: machine learning, time-series, spatio-temporal data mining.
* Relevant publications in high quality Q1 peer reviewed journals and track records in A/A* conferences ranked by CORE in AI and machine learning, ubiquitous / pervasive / mobile computing.
* Excellent interpersonal and communications skills appropriate for interacting with higher degree by research candidates, staff and industry.
* Hold a PhD in Computer Science.
About RMIT University
RMIT is a global university of technology and design offering a range of undergraduate, postgraduate and vocational degrees and diplomas. Australia's largest tertiary institution founded in 1887, RMIT University has three campuses in Melbourne and two in Vietnam.
We also offer programs through partners in Singapore, Hong Kong, mainland China, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Belgium, Spain and Germany, and we enjoy research and industry partnerships on every continent.
RMIT has an international reputation for excellence in professional and vocational educational, applied and innovative research, and engagement with the needs of industry. Our programs are global in focus and practical in application.