Acting in the capacity of the German national library of science and technology, our forward-looking services secure the infrastructural requirements for providing researchers in science and industry with high-quality information and literature. The services we offer in our capacity as a University Library ensure that Leibniz Universität Hannover is provided with items locally. The Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB) – German National Library of Science and Technology, Programme Area C, Research and Development, is offering a position for a
Research Associate (E 13 TV-L)
The Research Associate will be a member of the Visual Analytics Research Group (Prof. Dr. Ewerth) in the TIB Research and Development Department. The Research Associate will work in the context of a research and innovation project with national partners. A PhD thesis can be supported. Initial appointment will be for 3 years, starting from 1 January 2018. The working time is 75 % of the regular weekly working time (part time, 29,85 weekly hours).
The candidate’s competence area should be squarely rooted in computer science or a related field, they should be able to think creatively, grasp new knowledge quickly, be able to combine abstract reasoning with concrete problem solving and be interested in mastering complex challenges.
· Researching and implementing algorithms for person recognition in videos
· Researching and implementing methods for information visualization
· Design and implementation of software components and interfaces
· Test and documentation of software components
· Realization of a sustainable software solution
· Provision of project results as Open Source
· Contact person for project partners in technical matters
Leibniz Information Centre TIB
· A Master degree in a relevant field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Science)
· Good to very good knowledge in at least one of the following areas: computer vision (face recognition, object tracking, machine learning/deep learning) and/or: multimedia retrieval or visual analytics
· Good to very good knowledge in software development, e.g., requirements engineering etc.
· Excellent proficiency in modern programming languages and modern software engineering methodologies, proven team software development skills
· Above-average commitment, solution-oriented approach, initiative and team spirit
· Independent and structured way of working
· Excellent communication skills
· Proficiency in spoken and written English and German