The research assistant will provide support to the project team by performing a variety of tasks such as:
– Data pre-processing: anonymization, normalization
– Data structuring: linking up different data types (forum posts, user profiles, learners’ questionnaires, logs, etc.)
– Data enrichment: part-of-speech tagging, language recognition, topic detection, etc.
– Data analysis and visualization
The research assistant will also work in close collaboration with the CENTAL to provide access to the compiled corpus via a user-friendly online concordancer. Another important task of the research assistant will be to implement sustainable solutions for the automated treatment of incoming data.
Requirements and profile:
– Master degree in Natural Language Processing
– excellent record of MA level study;
– programming skills in Python or Perl
– experience with NLP for social media is an asset
– knowledge of statistics and statistical software is an asset
– very good command of French and English
– excellent and demonstrated analytic skills
– excellent and demonstrated self-management skills
– ability and willingness to work in a team