The Python developer will be part of a new stealth group building the next generation of smart machine cloud-based solutions. This provides an opportunity to get in on the ground floor level of something new and exciting for an industry working with the latest and greatest technologies.
• Participate in cutting edge research using tools such as Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing amongst other capabilities.
• Enhance the automated translation engine developed in house
• Help develop software and algorithms and build new cognitive computing platforms for areas such as sensors and tracking systems, deep learning algorithms and models, workflow and automation through to new areas such as virtual assistants and AI in IoT to enhance our Artificial Intelligence functionality.
• Define and drive the analytical scope and method for projects, including formulating and shaping the capabilities through a full software development life cycle.
• Help the research and development of a local AI team, deliver practical AI components to be used within clinical processes.
• Work on world-class cutting-edge technologies in related fields, including but not limited to the following: deep learning, large-scale machine learning and machine learning platforms, Natural Language processing and Semantic Ontology and Robotic Process Automation.
Candidates with education suit the position
University education (Bachelor’s degree)
University education (Master’s degree)
Python – advanced
C – advanced
XML – basic
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Automatic translation of medical documents
• Excellent programming skills in languages such as Python, Java and C#/C++.
• Experience in some of the following areas:
o Data wrangling with hands on experience of Pandas, NumPy and SciPy libraries.
o Machine Learning – deep learning, online learning, transfer learning, reinforcement learning, structured/unstructured learning with hands on experience of Tensorflow and SciKit-Learn.
o Natural language processing with NLTK and Gensim libraries. Knowledge of OpenNLP, StanfordNLP, Translation, Semantic Ontology, Natural Language understanding/generation is preferred.
o Optical Character Recognition with Tesseract (pytesseract or tesserocr) – utilizing character recognition tools to convert images, PDFs and other document types into digitally recognized structure with meta-tagging;
o OpenXML and document formatting
• Strong research and innovation skills and ability to solve difficult machine vision and learning problems and transferring business problems into AI use cases and requirements.
• Excellent prototyping skills in open-source with some examples of practical application.
• Hands-on experience with large-scale real-time machine learning/AI and with full software development life cycle.
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
• Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing dynamic team in a highly visible role.
• Preferred pharmaceutical experience in research projects and teams.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or other qualitative discipline with specialization and experience in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Cognitive Science, Deep Learning or other related fields.
A minimum of three years of professional post-academic work experience with a Master’s or additional years of experience at BSc level will be considered. Strong mathematical/computing science background with strong knowledge in at least one of the following fields: Cognitive Science, Advanced Semantic Design, Information Extraction, Information retrieval, Probabilistic Decision Marking, or similar.
DESIRED ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• You are passionate about AI and can show examples of their skills utilizing open-source capabilities that they can show as part of that passion;
• The freedom to use your talent and background to help us make noise in the industry quickly
English – Upper intermediate (B2)
How to apply:
Please mention NLP People as a source when applying